summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 19, 2019

boom it's winter!!!!


So this storm is supposed to track a bit more to the north, so we're looking at two feet of snow from this afternoon until tomorrow...then more snow, lake effect, and wind...and cold! Polar air! Can you tell that I have somewhat of a fascination with weather? Living south west of Lake Ontario makes for some really snowy winters.

Oh, I did forget to tell my tooth story: I left that dentist chair just as happy as can be, because we did my favorite thing: wait and see! Procrastinate, ha. The insurance company has to pre-approve a cap, which is what the tooth needs. If it's really pricey (I know they can run over a thousand, maybe two), I can opt for a filling, tooth reconstruction that isn't guaranteed to last. But, apparently insurance companies won't cover two separate procedures for one tooth in the same calendar year. And since it's January, ugh. So I'll wait and see how much coverage we have, my next appointment is in two months. So I am learning to remember to chew only on the one side, and how to shield the owie tooth from heat and cold, so fun, ha. (so basically I can't just have it repaired, then crowned later, unless it's in a different year)

So this fine morning, I made three pounds of bacon, and fried up some eggs. The kids made the toast, and a few waffles, and a few had cereal. It's a lovely Saturday. The kids are watching videos of a gymnast doing floor routines, and are planning to go outside to play soon. It's 14 degrees now, relatively balmy compared to what's coming. And there are small pre-storm flakes fluttering down. If your favorite color is white, you would be happy here in central New York this weekend. The house is so bright!

The three small children are still here, 8 nights down, four to go. But it's nice to have them here. They have tons of energy, and bring the level of crazy up a bit here, but they bring so much fun, too. They get up in the morning in their cute little jammies, and they're still little enough to delight in the little things. Paul brought our big purple Little Tikes coupe from the basement, and Sebastian (one of the 7 year old twins) has been driving around and around. They love our doggies, and seem really happy here. Here's what Sebastian made for me yesterday:


Ha, dear "ant". But oh it melted my heart.


Last evening, Linnea came and sat with me in my chair, cuddled under the blanket, and talked about school. Poor me, ha.

Ah well, today we're making some homemade play dough, then making chicken wings and pizzas for dinner. Kids like to "decorate" pizzas. It's a lovely Saturday.

No comments: