summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 31, 2019

deep freeze!!!

Our kitchen pipes are frozen again, just the hot water. We keep the water running at night when it's this cold, but the hot froze anyway. So brrr to washing up the dishes this morning!

It's sunny out, just so cold. It's above zero now, at least.

And this afternoon I go out and about for my hair appointment. Hair is such a silly thing to make such a big deal about. I used to have tons of hair, long and thick. Then when I started losing weight, I started losing hair too. It really thinned out. Some grew back, but never like it was. It may have something to do with age, too. It doesn't grow very fast anymore either. Way back when, I cut it all off and donated it, twice, and it grew back lickety-split.

So here I go to this nice salon, not even sure what I want done. It would be fun to get it barely grazing the shoulders, but how would I clip it up in a lovely plastic clip when it started driving me batty? Also, there's the old comfort, "It'll grow back". But go ahead and get old, and it takes forever and a day to grow your hair out. So I might just end up with a nice safe trim...

I am actually heading out the door this afternoon...all.by.myself. I mean, who wants to come sit there while I get my hair done? It feels weird. I usually have a secretary, a co-pilot. Someone to hand me my sunnies, (I know they're in there, keep looking!), hold my coffee while I change lanes, answer texts and even make a phone call for me, check the balance on my Dunkin account.

But today, off by myself. They plus side is I can actually think thoughts, without interruption. I will have to mute my phone. I actually pictured myself sitting there at the hair place, with the big black bib on, scissors snipping, my phone blissfull muted, and Emily or Abigail coming in with a look on their face...what happened? I don't really think anything bad will happen, and it's okay to mute the phone, but a mama needs to be connected these days. Heaven forbid you don't run back and get dental floss if they run out!

So poor me, ha.

The day after tomorrow, Mexico! There's a hilarious Family Guy clip on youtube of two girls going to Mexico, and they keep looking at each other and saying, "Mexico!!". I can relate. Evelyn and I have been having a blast planning for this trip. It's amazing that we live in this day and age: leave a freezing place in the morning, and afternoon, wow! Warmth! We'll be an hour south of Cancun, the forecast is for some thunderstorms on Saturday afternoon, a few passing showers on Sunday, the sunshine and 80-85 degrees the rest of the week. Bliss. Hopefully not blisTERS. We have lots of sunscreen:).

So as of now, I'm not thinking of dragging the MacBook along. I might wish I had it, when I get the strong urge to blog, when my fingers start itching to write...but then I'll have to take care of it, and if it got stolen, blah. That means if I don't get a chance to write tomorrow (taking Jon for a haircut, maybe Camille too, stocking up on things for the kids here, etc), then this is goodbye for a week. Maybe I can talk my sister into stepping in for me. Or maybe I'll just suck it up and bring this...because, you all want to go with me on this trip, right?:)








5 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, of course we want to go along! We also want to see the new “do” as well as see the new dresses!!
Have a wonderful well deserved vacation Della!!

Marilyn said...

Della have a GREAT trip!! Post a picture of your new ‘do’........... get adventurous πŸ€— You sure are having ghastly weather over there. We watch the ABC news most days...David Muir... and can’t believe how absolutely dreadful it is. You will be glad to get away from it for a week. Safe travels!! 🌴🍺🀩

Marilyn from Canada

An American Housewife said...

I'm super excited to see your hair! I cut my own as well; about once every year I would go to have it cut, hate the way they did it and resort back to doing my own. LOL. Pretty excited to yours - do a before and after!!

Carol said...

OH I would love to be leaving here for someplace warm, but our temperatures are supposed to hit 60 by Monday so I guess I can live with this cold a few days more. Tomorrow we may have snow but highs in the 20's so I guess we can be happy! Enjoy your time away!!

Joni said...

We had a real damp freeze here in Minnesota. Schools were closed for four days because of the cold! The lowest actual temperature we saw at our house was -32F, and a couple of the days were quite windy, so put the ‘feels like’ temp at -51. And in the northern part of the state it was colder - one friend showed a pic of his thermometer early Thursday morning at -45! Whew - today was up to almost +20! Tomorrow up to mid- thirties! Yay!!