summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

feeling quite accomplished...

When you're as lazy as the day is long, you do one little thing and you feel great.

Today, I did lots of little things, so I feel fantastic ha.

Besides sweeping the floors and washing up the dishes, and doing a few loads of laundry, I mean.

I did help five kids out the door to school. The two high-schoolers didn't need much help, but the three younger ones needed clean clothes on, hair done, and lunches packed.

Lydia got here around seven...so we had brekky with lots of kids...(7, after the two older ones left...Jon, Char, Cam, Lydia, Will, Sebastian, and Linnea).

Then, some school with the kids, and play dough with Lydia.

And, two loaves of bread made, now risen and in the oven baking. And, a pan of almond flour bread for me! It smells absolutely positively heavenly in here.

I don't know what's for dinner tonight, but there will be bread today.

This afternoon, Linnea has a ballet lesson, so my sister is going to bring her, my sister is Linnea's grandma.

Then I'll pick up Linnea and bring her to activity club with Camille, Will, and Sebastian.

Tomorrow, I have to go to the dentist in the afternoon because you KNOW there can never be a dull moment. Yesterday afternoon, after a nice trip to the library and to Target, we came home and had a nice healthy lunch...and when I bit into the first piece of chicken, a molar broke. Half of it, broke right off, right down to the gum. Ouch-y. I mean, exposed nerves and the whole bit. I can't even take a huffing breath without that cool air cringing that tooth. And coffee, oh the joy of my day, has to be sipped ever so carefully. I won't even tell the story of how I momentarily forgot this morning, and bit blissfully into a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter, my favorite breakfast...and OUCH. OOOPS. Dang. phew.

But tomorrow, I'll go into the dentist, and for real cheap, he'll fix it up, and it won't even hurt. And it'll be super quick, and I'll be out by myself, so I'll stop in the store for a few things, and mosey on home all slowly because it won't be windy and snowing out.

I'm going to fit in some exercise this afternoon, and figure out what to make for dinner, and write report cards up...

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Della you are hilarious 😂😂😂 I laughed out loud......but not the bit about your tooth. Owie............big bucks I bet. I had something similar a while ago and needed a crown!! $1400 later.......thank goodness I have coverage for 50%. Hopefully you do too. We had 20 C here today. Very nic3 I have to say. Well enjoy your Thursday!!

Marilyn from Canada.

Joybells said...

Oh, so sorry about your tooth!! I hope it got fixed. ❤️