summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 20, 2020

apples, peaches, pumpkin pie...

Who's not ready for fall, holler "I!"!
Apples galore! These are crisp and juicy, not too sweet, just right!
Yeah, we like Starbucks... Today, there is brisket in the oven on this chilly morning. Chicken wings will go in later, and some chicken legs too, then maybe it will all finish off on the grill, but who knows? Maybe it'll just brown up in the oven. Unless the oven needs room for the macaroni and cheese and apple pies we plan to make today... Ben and Ashley and their girls are coming over, and probably Margaret and Adrian and their little boys. Abigail and Evelyn might come, and maybe Molly and Josh and their girls, too. So for now, peace and quiet, then cleaning up and vacuuming and making food...then, happy chaos! Jonathan is having a nice time in Oregon, he is going to miss little Achilles like crazy when he gets home...
So I got a new bed frame, and can't wait to disassemble our bed and put this new one up! I bought it second hand, BUT, it's never been used, the lady accidentally bought California king, which is what we need! She decided to just sell it instead of returning it, don't blame her, it's rather large. It was for sale for two weeks, so I offered a lower price, she said sure, as long as it was picked up yesterday. So, yesterday it was! It fit nicely in the back of the truck, Sonja had to drive carefully over those back roads. Now the pieces are here, and will they stay here forever in just pieces, or will my bed be put together and look like a magazine bed? hmmm. I am going to get paint for my room, and new flooring...it's nice to have projects, isn't it? (I have white chalk paint, some really nice stuff, and finally found more chalk paint wax, and am looking for a project...specifically, a coffee table to re-do. I don't like ours, it's a big huge cube, I want something more narrow, something old, something I can transform...)

1 comment:

Joybells said...

Yes! Projects are nice to have! I look forward to seeing what you do with the chalk paint. :) And the bed!