summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

just a-strollin' back down that lane...

I used to be young, a fact that is lost on my kids. To them, I am simply old.
When I was 16, jr. prom...my brother Tom came with Kim, my bestie, they ended up married...for like 36 years now, with 12 kids.
Paul was young too, oh how I loved those curls...with my brother Tom.
Oh, we were just babies! Finding old pictures and photo albums is one of the perks of cleaning out your room, I guess, but oh dear it slows one down! Yesterday, I went to Lowe's to figure out the deck lumber situation. We placed the order in June, got the first delivery in July, and the rest of the decking/lumber has been backordered...so a delivery is coming tomorrow, hopefully it'll all be there, so we can finish our pool deck. It's irrelevant now anyway, we might as well finish in the spring. They were SO nice there, in Lowe's, so very nice. They kept apologizing, even though it is not their fault. It's the perfect storm for running out of goods, with the lockdown and the factories closing or operating at low capacity, then trucking lumber from Canada, then the fact that EVERYONE and their NEIGHBOR is building and doing home improvements because of time on their hands, working from home, not going out and about, not spending on vacations, whatever. But, whatever the reason, they were so kind to give me a discount on the flooring I was purchasing! I was buying it anyway, but the manager gave me $10 off each box, so an $80 discount. I was pleased with that! I bought Urbanite Oak, water resistant laminate, for our bedroom. Now, I just have to go finish sorting and cleaning, so we can bring all the furniture and all the stuff out of the room...we will take apart the bed, then rip up the carpeting, paint the ceiling, the trim, the walls, the closet doors, the bathroom and bedroom doors...so.much.work. Is it any wonder I'm sitting here blogging about it? I also picked up the paint yesterday, two gallons of Sherwin Williams Silver Strand. I am excited about this project, but also, wake me up when it's over. Charlotte Claire got up early this morning and went for a walk with me before she went to school. It was 39 degrees, brr, but happy autumn, so pretty out! Ah well...time to get moving, right?

5 comments:

Susan said...

I LOVED the photos Della! You are so generous in your sharing, of both pictures and life lessons. I feel like you are a good (but invisible) friend!
♥️Susan

Tereza said...

Della your girls look like you and your boys look like your husband!! Its like I'm looking at pictures of your kids in costumes:) Time flies!! Those are some awesome curls:)

Marilyn said...

Well look at you two young things 🥰🥰A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then eh? Lovely to look back at old photos. I had some of me when I was a little girl and showed them to my granddaughter when she was little. She looked just like I did and when I asked her who the photo was of she said “I think it’s me Nana, but I don’t have a dress like that” She was about 4💕 You are going to be busy with all that work! Have fun!!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Michelle in FL said...

Sweet memories....It's amazing how much some of your kids look just like you and others look just like your husband!

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the resemblances, Della! What a treasure in those pictures. I look young in my wedding photos, but not that young, ha ha. Good luck on your new room!
Valerie