summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, September 26, 2020

everyone loves a good before and after! and, road trip!

So yeah, this was in my room. I was going to send it on it's merry way to the dump, but structurally, it was fine. So....
The secret? I bought a staple gun! Oh dear, now I want to staple EVERYTHING. It was so easy! Just measure the outside width of the cube, multiply by four, add a few inches, then measure the height and add a few inches. Right sides together, one seam, I ironed the edges in top and bottom, then just slide this fabric tube right onto the stool. Then cut a top piece a few inches bigger than the top, and same thing, iron the edges, and staple it on. Some of you are probably saying DUH, but I feel like I made a new discovery. Shh, I have two more of these ugly storage stools in the living room...so projects galore! The bench: I might put more wax on after I buff it out, it's mostly done, so here's your before and after, though it's not actually 100% finished...
I kind of liked it before, but it'll look nice in my new room like this...
And I recovered an ugly couch pillow...
(I didn't take a before pic, it was blue-ish, and frayed...) And today, am I staying home and working on projects?! No sir, not me, I am heading out the door on a mini road-trip with my friend Patty. We are going to visit our friend Karen, who is staying near Philadelphia. Karen's husband had an accident back in July, a battle with flesh eating bacteria, he almost lost his leg, and his life. He was stricken with sepsis, and it has been a rough road. We cannot go visit Hobie, restrictions are in place of course. But we can see Karen, and although the circumstances aren't ideal, my heart is happy, and I know our visit will be good and worthwhile. It's a 4 and a half hour drive, and it's a nice sunny day. We're staying the night and driving back tomorrow. I wasn't planning on going, we had the thought to do it sometime, but it hasn't been clear how long he would be at that particular hospital, then Karen messaged yesterday that today would be a good time to come. Okay, here we come! If you think I'm all packed up and ready, you don't know me very well ha.

6 comments:

Joybells said...

I'm so glad you are going! Have a wonderful trip. The ottoman and the bench both look beautiful. It makes me want to go buy an old ugly ottoman so I can try this staple gun thing for myself. ;)

Joy from Salem

Marilyn said...

Have a lovely visit with your friend Della 🤗 I’m sure she will be very happy to have a visit with you.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Susan said...

Wonderful job on that stool, I am very impressed Della! (The bench looks great too!).
♥️Susan

Linda said...

Ha...your coming here, righttttttttttttt? (giggling)--I hope you have a beautiful Sunday, Della.

Hena Tayeb said...

Wonderful upcycle projects.
Enjoy your trip.

Michelle said...

Your projects look great! I've never used chalk paint before, but you've inspired me to try it. :)