summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, September 5, 2020

clearwater beach...and a baby, a new baby!!!!

We've had warm weather in New York, but Florida in the summer, ouch. It was 98 degrees yesterday, so hot on the beach it was smothering. The water was 88 degrees, but if felt even warmer, like bathwater. It was nice, it was fun, and rather adventuous, just Paul and I. A young couple on the beach asked us to take their pic for them, then insisted on taking one of us...so much for a pandemic, right? We decided to leave, after two hours of going in and out of the water and enjoying the waves, to go to a brewery we had read about. I actually changed from my old lady bathing suit into shorts and a tank top, in the parking garage next to the car, I figured if there were security cameras, so what, someone's eyes would hurt, oh well. The brewery was fun, we sat outside at the patio, where we met the huge Mastiff, with a friendly English couple. He was all set for lots of pets. We shared one flight of beer, one for Paul and three for me...what? He was driving! The beer was quite yummy, all brewed in house, I had coconut, vanilla, and a coffee hemp. Paul went for a boring old pale ale. We stopped at a little Mennonite stand for sweet corn, then grilled steaks for dinner. But during all of this, threaded through this wonderful day, our eighth grandhcild was born! Margaret and Adrian, on their way to bring Wulf to Ben and Ashley's so they could go to the hospital:
(Wulf is so cute in that Cookie Monster shirt!) I won't keep you all waiting anymore, here he is, Tennyson Paul...
Eight pounds, thirteen ounces, what a big boy! I can't wait to meet him! Today, we are going to visit Paul's cousins, then go out to dinner. Right now we're relaxing with grandma and having our coffee...

11 comments:

Shirley in Washington said...

Congratulations on your new grandson! So glad to hear all is well. Have a great time in Florida. Blessings, Shirley

Anonymous said...

Warmest Congratulations to Margaret & Adrian! Wonderful news and a gorgeous name.
Enjoy your time away and Grandma.

Simone

Linda said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy to meet the newest addition to your family, smiles. P.S. So jealous of your visit to the beach.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!Love hearing baby news! Have a wonderful time in FL.
Valerie

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He looks just like his brother! My daughter was at Clearwater beach today and said the same thing about the water!
Enjoy!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della πŸ‘‹ That is hilarious that you changed in the parking garage!! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 Congratulations on the birth of your newest grand baby. He is gorgeous!! πŸ₯°πŸ₯°AND he looks just like his big brother I think. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Katie said...

Congratulations on sweet Tennyson! And welcome to scorching Florida! It was 104 here in Jacksonville today!

momfaith said...

congratulations....your daughter looks absolutely beautiful holding that new baby.

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you everyone, a new baby is such a blessing! Katie, hello, how do you stand this heat? We melted even on the beach! Marilyn, I'm not too savvy at changing discreetly. If they have security cameras, whoa to them. My daughters can change on the beach under a towel like nothing!
Your daughter was at Clearwater beach today too? What a small world!
Linda, I thought of you today at the beach when a boat went by with a huge Trump flag!
Valerie, thank you!

Katie said...

I’ve lived in Florida my whole life...there is no getting used to it. Just stay inside and try not to cry when the electric bill comes. - Katie

Michelle in FL said...

Hi Della,
I'm down about 2 hours south of Clearwater (Fort Myers/Naples area), you weren't too far from me:) I've lived in FL for 25 years, never get used to the heat & humidity. Congratulations on your new grandbaby! My first one was born a few month ago and it's the Best! Enjoy those first snuggles!
~Michelle in FL, mom of 7:)