summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 27, 2023

chock full of tired...

 

The door...after much scraping and sanding...
The door....after two coats of primer...and I spray painted the handle and the lock with $2.99 primer/spray paint from Ollie's, it's especially for metal.   
I love the vintage-y look of that handle.  

We worked all day, which I realize is what some people do every day.  

The morning was breathtakingly beautiful...frost on the patio furniture!


We left quite early, and now we're tired...we stopped at the store on the way home for burger, a cantaloupe, two bags of apples, and four packages of cheese.  I cooked up burgers for dinner...now, I am done. So done.  Paul took tomorrow off from REAL WORK too, so we'll go back and do some more work.  

Here are some random things:

Good paint is a joy to paint with, same with a good brush.  I bought a $2.49 brush from Ollie's, and nope. Nope and no thank you.  

I look hilarious in my Painting Clothes.  I have a big baggy pair of men's Adidas pants, they're comfy and have zipper pockets, and they have paint all over them.  There are a few different shirts I wear, and Also have painting shorts now.  And, my old old Birkenstocks are my Painting Shoes.  When it was snowy, I would wear my boots to the and change...today I just wore them with socks.  So when we went to Lowe's for more trim, I looked...hilarious.  

Anyway. We're getting near the finish line, and I.can't.wait. 



4 comments:

Mari said...

It looks good! Lots of work, but you are getting there!

Cindy said...

You have worked so hard for this! I'm excited for you!

Shirley in Washington said...

We own rentals properties so I know that feeling, "chock full of tired"!! Thinking and praying for you today as you work on finishing up. Blessings!

Terri D said...

Whew!! I love the look of the doorknob. I've been thinking of changing my cupboard knobs from white to black and almost bought them on Amazon but hesitated. Looking at the kitchen, I decided that it would look polka dot. Hmmmm... Loved this post. Get some rest!! xo