summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 21, 2023

thanking God for Friday....

 What a beautiful day, sunny and warm, like summer came back for a little visit.  Yesterday afternoon, we had some nice surprise sunshine.  We had gone to Kohl's, because I had $15 in Kohl's cash, which I had used to buy three towels, making them free, with the 30% off and all...but I didn't pick them up on time.  We decided to stop in just to see what they had.  Sonja found nice black shorts, and a sweatshirt.  I bought Declan a few things for his birthday (he's one year old!), and it was only $26.  

Anya, Elise, and Declan...my son Benjamin and his wife Ashley are are their parents.  

Anyway, we also went into Target for chicken, seltzer, two $5 t-shirts for the girls, shampoo & conditioner, and some cleaning sprays.  (I love lavender Method, and it was 15% off).  A quick trip to the library, then home...ahh, home.  It was so warm and sunny on the deck, I changed into my sundress, put my feet up, and ahhh...so nice.
Sonja K. and Sunny.  Sonja has lots of work to do, graduation is next month!
Camille...she hasn't been sleeping well, with this giant Robot Leg, as she told Achilles it was.  It hurts a lot during the night, she's been much more active during the days, and it's still healing.  She didn't look very comfortable out there, but said she was fine.  

We are enjoying the new $75 furniture, we really are.  It's so comfy.  

I'm headed the pool in a few minutes, then I'm headed up to Oswego to watch Tennyson and Wulf for a bit.  Then I'll be working on the house we're fixing up, with Paul.  I need to give those cabinet ends a coat of paint, they've been primed. I need to pickup gallon of paint from the paint store, too, for the trim on the porch.   We have to clean and paint the porch boards too, not sure if I can do that with my wonky back...unless I sit down and scoot and paint.  oh dear.  Keep in shape, girls.  Do your push-ups and planks, keep that flexibility.

I'll be leaving in two minutes, so goodbye for now, and have a really nice day.  


5 comments:

Deb said...

Would a long handled roller help to paint the porch boards?

Ahh, seeing everyone sitting outside in the sun has me wanting to whip our small back patio into something usable. It used to be a porch but we had pulled it out away from the house a while ago to do some work (critters digging into the basement) and then decided to cut the legs and rails off and move it back into place as a ground level patio. It's just sat empty and blah ever since.

Chrissy said...

It's so nice to see your family growing! You need to update the bio though! I'd lost track of who belongs to who!

16 blessings'mom said...

Deb, the side porch is rather narrow, and I am rather clumsy. The boards are narrow too, they have all the cracks between them....
Critters, they are such a royal pain...but that deck sound like a fun project, some five dollar Walmart throw pillows, furniture from Marketplace....:)
Chrissy, good idea! :)

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!!

Please tell me Declan isn’t really going to be 1!!! How can that be ๐Ÿ˜ณ He us a cutie pie………so are his sisters……..and look how big they are getting too!!! Oh my ……

Poor Camille……that thing looks SO uncomfortable. No wonder she’s not sleeping well. Hopefully it’s healing well. And Sonja is graduating ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ She will be so happy, but she’s done so well.

The deck furniture looks fabulous Della ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ Nice and comfy I would say. I hope you got done what you hoped to at the house ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Have a lovely evening and weekend ๐Ÿ˜Š

Marilyn from Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Terri D said...

It is always a fun visit here! I am sorry to see Camille still in a brace. She is a trooper. Prayers lifted for her healing! Have a lovely weekend!!