summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 13, 2023

my life: the zoo

 

A tried grandma rocking a tired baby after a beautiful long day.
Kathryn and Margaret with Tennyson, Wulf, Achilles
Sam and Grace's kids, Ruth and Grant
The kids weren't thrilled about being rounded up for a picture...
Kathryn and Margaret and Grace with Achilles, Wulf, Tennyson, Ruth, Grant, Rhys, and Jamison in the carriage...
Achilles and Grant...I didn't even pay much attention to the animals, the children's reaction to the animals was much more interesting.  Plus, I was trying to stay out of everyone's way with the carriage.
Rhys.
Wulf
Achilles and Rhys
Celebrity moms ha...

I got to take care of this little sweetheart.  The hood has a nice mesh vent, and it wasn't humid out, I just worked on keeping him out of the sun.  

Everyone came here after the zoo, the kids were tired but still had enough energy to keep us hopping.  I grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, and we had cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, sweet potato chips, veggie straws...

Right now, I'm heading to the store to get a few things for the weekend...it's beautiful out so I want to go quickly...


4 comments:

Deb said...

It's beautiful here too and that stupid nagging voice in the back of my mind won't shut up, the one that says "You know you should be outside getting those flower beds cleaned up..." LOL

Gosh, I think the last time I was at a zoo was probably 20 years ago. I'd gone through a phase of forcing family fun on hubby and the boys, and one of the places we went was the big zoo here. The boys were past the age where zoos are interesting, and hubby hated the driving and walking. Yay for family fun!! LOL!!!!

Terri D said...

Watching the kids would be more fun for me, too. Who cares about the animals!! xo

Billie Jo said...

Wonderful day spent with your people! Your children find joy in spending time with each other, and that, my friend, is a direct result of your awesome parenting! Have some baby snuggles for me, please!

16 blessings'mom said...

Deb, I know! Once it's nice out, there is so much more to do suddenly. And taking the boys to the zoo when they were past the age, ha, I bet they liked it and rolled their eyes just because.
Terri, I know! I sound like a creeper, but I appreciate all the other kids there too. There was a huge school group of kids, and they were so ridiculously happy!
Billie Jo, I love that my kids get along, the three here are good buddies. They share clothes and steal each other's slippers and I love it. Baby snuggles, oh dear, I LOVE them.:)