summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

I flunked Costco....

 Okay, I didn't blow the entire budget, but jeepers, they get you.  It's not my fault I found two pairs of shorts that actually fit me, for $7.99 each, and a nice Calvin Klein jacket for twenty bucks, in my very favorite color, a nice shade of green.  (I always thought blue was my favorite, but this is so nice)


And these made it into the cart:

Do not buy them.  Three pounds of irresistible bliss.


This picture made me laugh my head off, because they're just so cute.  They had a sample of something that had chocolate, a granola bar I think...they were waiting with me at a table, because why not get some lunch at Costco when the hot dog and drink are only $1.50?  (Rhys has the extra diaper-bag outfit on, because she had fallen asleep in the car seat and her bottle leaked all over the cuteness she was wearing.). Here's the sweet thing though:  Lots of older people seem to eat there in Costco, and they would smile at the kids.  This one old couple kept smiling at them, then the man came over and said how cute they were.  This man looked...not to be mean, but a little...scary.  He had a wandering eye, and he was very old.  But when he stood there and said hello to the kids, they gave him mega-watt smiles, full on joyous greetings, and just made his day.    It was so very sweet.

So Costco...it was too much fun. I was rumpling through the piles of these cute skorts, only $9.99, looking for...xxl, there were only smalls and mediums...this nice little tiny lady who worked there came over to offer assistance, and to minimize the wreckage of her neat little piles, although I was being careful.  She asked me what size I was looking for.  I wanted to say, "What size do you THINK I'm looking for, look at me!"

I bought the dozen pack of croissants, and frozen pierogis, and a bag of chicken wings.  I bought a new swim trunk/shirt/sun hat set for Achilles, and one for Grant.  

Oh dang...gotta go, to water aerobics!!!! oops...late!

2 comments:

Terri D said...

It is probably a good thing we don't have a Costco here in Lakeland. I have to drive about 40 miles to find one. We do have THREE Sam's Clubs and I do enough damage there! LOL Cute kiddos!! Yum to those almonds!

Deb said...

I was talking on my blog about eating too many nuts. LOL! The doctor scolded me a bit yesterday about my weight, and my A1c went up this past 6 months. Nuts are my weakness. Healthy, yes, but not when I eat massive amounts of them.

I used to wish we had a Costco nearby but since it's only hubby and I here now, I guess we don't need massive packs of anything. I haven't even made it to that new BigLots store that came to town over a year ago. Some people say stuff there is too expensive. Is it? Also, the Dollar Tree I sometimes go to finally has that Bonus Deals section where things are $3, $5, $10. We're moving up in the world!