summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 17, 2023

welcome SPRING!

April showers DO bring May flowers.

The umbrella has seen better days...I never even put it away for the winter because it was so bent, I knew I would be replacing it.  It has a big rip too, but we got some years out of it. I don't want to put the brand-spanking new Aldi one up yet...until it gets really nice again.  And the toys strewn around:  they add a certain we-have-grandkids look, it's all the rage.



This forecast is as dismal as last week's was fabulous.  But, at least it's not snow.  

I started this post this morning, then went to the pool.  Oh, was nice.  Splashing and moving and laughing with the old people, it's a good time.  

This afternoon, Paul and I are going to work on the house we're renovating.  We're painting some doors, and I'll be painting the ends of the kitchen cabinets, as he had to replace the boards on them.  I scrubbed spray painted one of the heat registers, it looks brand new.  The finishing details are plentiful, but it's so nice to be in the home stretch...we're too old for this!  

Ah well, for right now, a cup of Peet's medium roast, a pour-over, with a splash of cream, in my comfy chair, as the birds sing and the sun tries to peek through the clouds...ahhh.  
 

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della!

That’s a bit of a shocker, isn’t it? It was nice of Mother Nature to have a kind heart for a few days.

I think your deck looks lovely. It says the people who live here enjoy life 😊

Have a lovely day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Deb said...

We DID get snow. What the flip? Only about an inch and most of it is gone, but still. Temps will warm up again tomorrow, to the appropriate April 50s. The 80s we had last were nice but too warm too soon.

Mari said...

I didn't know you were renovating a house. It's so fun to see those changes, but so much work!
It was 80 here on Saturday. Today? Snow all day!

Terri D said...

The kid's toys... all the rage in home decor! I love that!! Painting... I have been thinking about buying some paint and starting to change some things around here. Makes me excited and makes me sick to my stomach!! LOL I'm not in a hurry but the wheels are turning. Have a good week!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, that little summer preview was precious, extremely enjoyable.
Deb, really, snow? We might get a little tomorrow mixed with rain. It was too warm too soon, but I did love it.
Mari, yes, we are fixing up a rental house. It's a long winding story, and we'll probably never break even, but if we get this place finished and rented, it'll help. It's a lot of work, as Paul works full time, and is no spring chicken, but we want to get it done...
Terri, I know, but painting is like magic, it's relatively cheap, and it transforms a room. Don't go cheap on your paint though, my opinion: wait for a Sherwin Williams sale, it was 40%off this past weekend, so a hundred dollar gallon was sixty. It's pricey, but it goes on so nicely, and good paint hides a multitude of sins. I painted the insides of five closets last week, with $30 Lowe's paint, and it was awful. Good paint makes the experience so much more pleasant. A nice angled brush for cutting in is essential too. I'm starting to think about painting my living room again...so I know the feeling.