summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 16, 2023

we had ourselves a proper Saturday....

 There were no plans for the weekend, so when Kathryn asked if she could come over with the Achilles, Rhys, and Jamison while Darius worked, of course!  Margaret came too, with Adrian and Wulf and Tennyson.  Then Sam and Grace with Grant and Ruth.  Paul was off doing things, and Sonja, Char, and Cam were water-falling with Emily.

I put four racks of ribs in the smoker, and cut up some fruit:  a watermelon, a cantaloupe, a melon that Margaret brought, and added green grapes and blueberries.  Margaret also brought lots of good salad stuff, Sam brought hot dogs and another watermelon, Kathryn brought hot dogs and buns...so it was a grand feast.  We all went in the pool for a while...I took the ribs out, sauced them up, wrapped them in foil, for another few hours in the smoker.  

Emily and the girls got home, Paul got back from his errands, and we had a fantastic dinner.  

Achilles, Tennyson, and Grant, with their cotton candy ice cream cones.
Tennyson needed a helmet to drive the trike on the deck, Miss Charlotte Claire with Jamie...
Adrian in the back ground with Wulf, and Camille showing Rhys her scars..
Princess Rhys Harper
Princess Ruth Eleanor
Char with Achilles and Grant and Sunny...
Kathryn with two of her kids, Rhys and Jamie
Grant and Aunt Char
Suri and Ruth...

And, this what the new couch looks like in the morning...

But it's okay, it was a comfy movie night last night.   

This fine rainy morning, it's quiet in here.  Paul went to the hardware store to get pieces to fix the gutters, Char has been up, but I haven't seen the other girls yet.  I need to get moving.  The sandpaper came from Amazon, and I want to work on some things.  The floors need a vacuum, and now the smoker needs to be cleaned out again.  

Busy times are coming, so I'll savor this quiet day.  Next post:  our plans...


2 comments:

Linda said...

Such a lovely time my friend and I just love the couch, grin. Have a great week.

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

Sounds like a perfect day all around 😊 I love the pictures of the kidlets…….they are just adorable. Your couch looks fine to me too. Someone enjoyed lying there with the blankies!

Off to the blanket show again 🥱 Have a lovely day tomorrow and I hope that awful smoke isn’t around your way.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦