summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

where on earth did Monday go?

 Well, it's Tuesday now, and life goes on.  I am getting ready to start packing for camping.  My tried and true method:  whenever I think of something, I put it on the kitchen table.  So far:  coffee, coffee filters, wash cloths, dish soap, towels, blankets ,OFF!, s'mores stuff, foil, spatula, tongs, forks, plates, coffee mugs, salt and pepper.  I do have a list, on my phone and computer in Notes, and in an actual notebook. 

We're leaving on Thursday, Paul and I and the two dogs.  We bring a nice rug to put down in the tent, it catches a lot of sand, and the dogs sleep on it.  I like a foot wiping rug as you enter the tent too, because I do not like sandy feet.  Our tent has the little screen room entry, so the rug won't get wet if/when it rains.  I bring a nice sheet set and comforter, no sleeping bag for me.  I love/hate camping, you see.  I would MUCH rather have a little camper.  A hybrid, with the beds being like a pop-up camper, so when you camp with no electricity, you can still be sort of outside.  But, we aren't getting one anytime soon, so tenting it is.

Sleeping in a tent:  I mostly hate it.  I hate sand.  I hate when the tent roasts in the sun, and there's no electric so no fan.  Zipping and unzipping and trying to keep organized, ugh. 

But.  I love the adventure of going away for a few days, and the beach is so nice at Lake Ontario.  

The weather is forecast to be stormy...occasional thunderstorms.  ugh. In a camper, okay, we'll stay in for a bit while it rains.  In tents...rain can be a disaster.  Especially with dogs. Wet dogs.  

We're only going for three nights, so I'm praying that if we get rain, it's light and brief, like our tribulations:).   Margaret and Adrian will be camping next to us for the weekend, then some of the kids will drive up and visit on Saturday, so I'm hoping for a hot sunny day.

And now I'm going to Target with Kathryn...so bye! 

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

How brave you are Della! I hope you have a lovely time and it forgets to storm and rain 😬 Give me a nice big trailer with a/c and all the mod/cons and I’ll go! Such a princess 👸

Have fun packing!
Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

Have fun! We have a usb powered small fan and one that uses my DH’s battery packs (Ryobi ??)