summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 17, 2023

hurrah, hurrah! When Jonny comes...

 Well, they surprised and tricked me all right.  On Tuesday, the rainy day, I suggested we go out and about, but no, the girls wanted to stay home...so I thought just maybe it was the day Jonny would come home.  Remember, they all knew when Evelyn was driving down to NYC to get him.  But, no, he didn't arrive on Tuesday.  Then yesterday, oh they wanted to go to the library, to Target...the thrift store.  I needed a few things from Aldi, so off we went.  We only just started in Target, and Paul sent me this:

Jon was home!  

What?!  Why did they want to go shopping when they KNEW it was the day he'd be home?   I just don't get it.  Their reasoning:  it would be hilarious if we got home and he was just there, they blamed Dad for ruining the surprise by texting me the picture.................................................................I was so excited to get home, we left the rest of our plans, and pretty much just checked out and left.  I did try on some Levi jean shorts...they are  light washed denim, and were on clearance.  I liked them, then they rang up half of what they were marked!  I also got a really nice brown sweater, so I am a teeny bit excited for autumn now.
Rocking little Jamie...Kathryn and Darius brought the kids over to see Jonny, they were there already when I got home:)
Jonathan had never met Mr. Jamison.
The quiet evening...Jon has to register his car today, the one that was delivered from California last fall.  So to the department of motor vehicles today!  
He was generous with the Norwegian chocolate!  (He went to Norway for several weeks after Germany)
Those Kvikk Lunsj bars, oh dear...puts the Kit Kat to shame.  



3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh Della! How exciting!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 You must be thrilled to have him home! It was a surprise no matter what. So bet there was LOTS of conversation going on.

It will be good to see grandma and see how she’s doing. Poor dear……….. you mentioned about getting her into a better room. It’s very confusing to people with dementia. I have a friend and she is just SO CONFUSED most of the time. Awful really, isn’t it? Hard to watch. I hope you have a good trip and drive home 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

I'm so happy for you!! Welcome home!!

Mari said...

I am so happy for you! I know the joy when your kid comes home after being gone.
He's a cutie. Enjoy this time!