summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 24, 2023

another thanksgiving day flown by!

pumpkin pie

blueberry pie
a long time ago when Benjamin was in Afghanistan...a motley crew.

 A few years back, when Grandma was visiting...that's her in the pink...and Joseph at the head, with Benjamin next to him...good times.

In addition to these place settings, we had three small children.  The babies slept through dinner.
The 28 pound bird, roasted up beautifully....it was SO moist.
One of the sweet potato casseroles...
The picture I took...Camille, Sonja, Josh, Grace, you can't see Ruth or Ophelia, Sam at the end, Molly, Emily, Jonathan, Grant, Char, and part of Annetta, and Paul...
A better pic that Josh took...

A game with Grant and grandpa after dinner.

Our thankfulness board....
Cousins:  Ophelia and Ruth. 

Kathryn with Achilles, Wulf, and Tennyson
Cousins Rhys and baby Blythe
Wulf, Rhys, Tennyson
Then Elise, Anya, little Declan in the background...

All the cooking and cleaning and preparing and serving and cleaning up, wow.  It was SO worth it though!

It's time to clean up a bit, we did the after dinner clean up, many hands make light the task, but each day brings it's share of dog hair to vacuum up, and there are some toys thrown around, and and and.  I skipped the pool today because I cut the bottom of my foot on a piece of broken kitchen tile this morning, and didn't want to have a bandaid come off in the pool, or risk walking across the pool deck dripping blood, yuck.  I fixed the tile:  tape.  One of these days, we're really going to replace that floor.  

Today, some of the older girls are coming over to visit, with some sweet grandchildren, so I have to move it move it.  I might get to rock some babies today...poor me!

1 comment:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such a beautiful family! Amazing to have them all there under one roof for dinner! You are truly blessed...and busy!! I do hope you get to rock some babies and just relax some and let the younger generation take care of you!! Enjoy!!