summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 17, 2023

young at heart...

 It's Friday, and here's the thing:  I am going to the movies tonight with some of my daughters and their friends, the youngsters.  The youth girls.  I didn't even ask to go.  Several months ago, we passed around the new Suzanne Collins book, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, and decided we would go see the movie when it came out.  (The FUN I've had with my kids through the years...we rarely go to the movies, but when a big one comes out and we've read the book, it's just fun).  Anyway, we had this date circled on our calendars, then it became a youth girl outing, as they all want to see this prequel to The Hunger Games.  I tried to bow out, didn't want to crash their party, but my girls insisted I still go.  I like to think it's not because I have a credit card ha.  No, we actually already bought all the tickets online.  When you don't go very often, it's more special, and I'm finding myself all I'm going to the movies!  I'm going to the movies!

Okay, the news this morning, oh dear...the guy who defended his home from several armed men dressed in black by shooting at them has lost his concealed carry permit.  "After successfully defending my home and my family and my 5-month-old child, California has now decided to suspend my Second Amendment (rights), "L.A. resident and married father of one, Vince Ricci, said in a video.  

Then there's the huge-0 mess of Biden meeting with Xi, and agreeing to less fossil fuel and more green energy, which yes of course, China has the supply to sell to us.  

I had to stop reading the news after those two items.  I had to take a deep breath, and thank God that He is in charge, and that worrying won't add a single cubit to my stature.  

There's a lot more going on, but I have to run, as it's pool time, and oops, I'm already late!  Have a good day, and remember, when all these things start coming to pass, look up!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

I have to look away too and keep my eyes on Jesus. πŸ’•

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della 😊

Yes, our old world is in a horrible mess. It breaks my heart to see what’s happening everywhere. I really have a hard time watching the news, in fact sometimes we just turn it off. But on the other side we have to be informed. It really breaks my heart. People need to be more like dogs…….loving, kind, get along together. I sure don’t know how it’s all going to get sorted out. Very disturbing πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

I Hope Cheryl will be able to go to Norway, but oh dear, you won’t be able to sit together for anything serious!! 🀣🀣🀣 You know what I mean 🀣🀣🀣

I hope the pool was good. I’m going to rejoin the Y today πŸ₯³πŸ₯³ We’ll see how that goes πŸ™„

Have a great weekend!

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Chris said...

What fun going to go to the cinema with your daughters, I haven't for years. We stopped with covid and haven't got back into it. I should suggest it again.. hope you enjoyed it.