summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 3, 2024

just thankful...

 Have I mentioned what an amazing day we had here on Saturday?  Lots of grandchildren came over, and the weather was simply glorious.  Not too hot, sunny, breezy...a perfect day to fill the little pool and get out the squirt guns.  They ran wild, those grandkids.  They like to play in Grandpa's fishing kayak, oh the adventures they go on!  They climb trees and play on the swings (two new swings this year!).  

We set up in the front yard, as the deck is hot for crawling babies.  (The big pool is uncovered, but still very cold and not quite clean enough yet.)

Sweet old Suri is so good with the babies...she just puts here head down and sighs.

Just fun...

Rhys was a bit tired, she liked having a little time out in the shade in the swing.
Baby Maeve, baby Blythe...
Baby Jamison...
Jamie and Blythe
Kathryn with Blythe and Jamie...

Then yesterday after church, Evelyn had to return something to Target...did I want to come?  Wait, I think I may have invited myself.  I found too much stuff in Target this time, oops.  A few birthday gifts, some chicken,  confectioner's sugar, cream (I had a $10 0ff $30 grocery coupon)...

Me in the back, Camille and Charlotte Claire, Sonja K., Evelyn Joy...

These outings with all the daughters are fewer and farther between than they used to be, I find myself extra thankful for them now.  They are so much fun.  

When we got home, I tried to make dinner quickly so Sonja could eat before work, night shift nurse. There were drumsticks and boneless breast that I had marinated...it started raining as soon as I put it on the grill, so I pulled a chair under the tree instead of hovering over the grill...she ended up having something else for dinner, because it wasn't done in time.  Raining or not though, it was quite pleasant out there.

This fine morning, I went to the pool, then came home and unfolded the camper ends because we folded them up in the rain yesterday so Paul could check the lights.  He installed a new weight distribution hitch, and got a new plug converter for the light system so when he signals, the camper lights signal too.  The brake system isn't working yet.  And of course I feel guilty because he's spending so much time doing all of this for a camper he may or may not have wanted as much as I did.  Then to make matters worse, it seem a little wet on the end I folded while wet, (the other end was folded up as soon as it started sprinkling, but he was working on the ground under the front end, so I couldn't fold it until he was done there) not sure if that's normal or not...a good bit of dampness...maybe I'm just having major Buyer's Remorse, the kind where you're not really remorseful, but more like OH DANG, this had BETTER be a GOOD, STURDY, LONG LASTING item, after my YEARS of looking and deciding!  

I've been lah-de-dahing about packing for this weekend's camping trip, having all the time in the world.  But oops, we're booked for Thursday through Sunday.  The only thing I've done is put a flashlight out on the table.  I have made a list too, so that counts.  

It's not for sure yet that Miss Char and Miss Cam will come with us, and what about Evelyn?  She was thinking about it...it would be fun!  

Anyway, this afternoon I have to bring Char to an appointment, get chlorine tablets from Costco, and I have to find out if the dr. office has heard anything about Cam's MRI...and I have flowers I bought from Walmart that need to be repotted...poor me, I have to putter around outside...

One more thing:  this blog is not political, as I firmly believe that all that is earthly will pass away anyway, and God gives grace to the humble, and every knee shall bow down to Jesus someday.  The things that happen here on earth are background noise to me.  I feel myself getting drawn into it sometimes, and there are obviously things that are unjust, things that are wrong, evil things.  Political parties have begun to loathe and despise those on the other side, which seems like a work of Satan,  He is the father of lies, and loves when people hate one another.   Broad assumptions, categorizing people, painting them stupid, each side being so right!  And the name calling!  Grow up, right?

I am definitely more conservative.  In NY state, the jail laws allow too many criminals to walk.  I don't agree with abortion, at ALL, but question whether it is something the government has to be involved in.  To me, it's sugar coated as a right, when it's actually selfish and cold hearted.(and murder).I feel compassion for women in general, women who have to bear so much, and aren't always treated with respect from other women, or from men...women who are poor, already in rough situations.  But heaven forbid they should be encouraged to keep pure until marriage.  And men:  stay faithful, respect your wives!  Oh, see why I stay out of it all?  You can't put bandaids on it.  

Money is the root of all evil, and corruption is rampant in the world.  There are so many good people out there too, God will bless them.  Other than that, I don't know.   

I'm distracted...I took a break and repotted my flowers.  We don't seem to have a garden this year.  We were gone to Arizona, then Paul was really sick, and we've been so busy getting the pool and camper ready...then one of the girls mentioned the shower isn't draining properly...then I saw one lone pantry moth this morning, which sends me on a rampage, to hone in on the source before we have a big big problem.  I saw it land on the curtain, I set my coffee down, missed the end table, coffee splashed all over the floor and couch, and I stopped for a minute:  No, my life is NOT a shiftshow.  to put it nicely.  It isn't.  Trials come, as they should, suck it up, clean it up, and don't despair.  

Anyway...another mess of a post, rambling from here to there...have a really nice day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog so much, and I respect your opinion as your own. There is far too much evil in the world. And greed, the root of it all. Thank you for answering my inquiry the other day. I ask that question of my Christian friends that all the time, not trying to change their mind, but trying to understand their stance. I just don’t understand, he just seems so greedy in all earthly ways. Not a fan of the current administration either, but yikes. Anyway, you are a delight. Thank you for being you. JB in San Diego

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

How lovely to have all the little kidlets having so much fun! The babies are sure growing fast, aren’t they? And darling old Suri 🥰 So now you are planning your first trip in your new trailer. How much fun that is going to be. It will just be so nice 😊 I love your rambling posts Della😊 I call it butterfly brain! That’s what I have too…..flit from one thing to another 🤣🤣 Sometimes my husband has a hard time keeping up 🤣🤣

FYI…………..🙄🙄 This city is very excited at the moment as our hockey team…….the Edmonton Oilers have made it to the final against the Florida Panthers. It’s the first time in 30 years or something that a Canadian team has made the final!

Have a lovely evening 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

JB, there are a lot of things beyond my understanding in this world, and one of them is the huge political divide. But then I think of...united we stand, divided we fall...and the verse, "Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brethren dwell together in unity..."(psalm 133). I do prefer Mr. Trump, I don't like everything about him, but he has some good points. I rather like RFK Jr. too...on some points, I think he's super on it, as far as vaccines go...
Marilyn, go Oilers! That's exciting! Yes, the babies are growing so fast, crawling all over now. We never had doggies in the house when the kids were little, our Champ was only allowed inside the door and in the utility room, but when Cam was two, we got Rosie the sheep dog, she was allowed in the house but not on the furniture....now these two spoiled Labs, ugh...but they aren't allowed n the "new" couch, and they're mostly good about that. Sunny will park herself up there once in a while, and she KNOWS, when you yell SUNNY!, she looks at you like, "I knoooowwww, but it's comfy!" As if they don't have three dog beds to choose from in the living room! And, the other couch! See? Rambling again...butterfly brain for sure!

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your point that both parties push people to see the other side as enemies and create division and this is the wrong way. I think it’s good to be wary of anyone that is pushing you to hate others and wise to try to approach people with different opinions with grace and understanding as opposed to condemnation. Of course like most wise things that’s very hard to do!