summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 31, 2024

it's all good...

 ...even the bad things.  Life is interesting, and a verse keeps coming to me:  The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness, but a broken spirit, who can bear?  Prov. 18:14.   Bent, but not broken, right?  God causes all things to work together for our good, when we love Him.  Sometimes if feels like my very soul is being scorched, but what can I do?  Give up?  Worry?  Blame someone?  Isn't it better to find something in it all to be thankful for, even if I don't understand things?  

We are having absolutely gorgeous weather here in New York State.  Warm and breezy, sunny skies, cool at night, just perfect.  I went out and dawdled around this morning, swept up the grass cuttings from the sidewalk, cleaned up after the dogs, watered my flowers...then I came in and sat in my comfy chair for a bit, and went out again...to the pool deck.  I scrubbed and hosed off some chairs, and the deck itself.  The pool cover is off, and the hose has been in, filling that pool right up so we can run the filter.  It's not too bad, some leaves in there, but nothing like the years we left it uncovered!  

I'm sure the water is freezing, but one of these days, I'll actually be swimming in my own pool again, it's such a short portion of the year, here in the north.  

I have been a hurtin' unit lately.  Achey legs, achey back, ugh.  5,400 steps, so it's not like I have been overly lazy, but I think the arthritis in my knees has been just screaming at me.  I wondered if I was fighting off what Paul didn't fight off, which we think was Covid again.  He was SO tired.  The last time I felt like I was fighting it off, I had a few days of extra body aches too.  

Anyway.  Paul and I went to 6 year old granddaughter Elise's dance recital this evening, she is in ballet.  Mariel was there too, and Sonja with Charlotte Claire and Camille.  They left to go hang out with their friends, and Paul and I went to Walmart to get a new plug for the camper/truck electrical switch.  Then to Harbor Freight to get a brand new weight distribution hitch. (remind me that I DO get presents sometimes!).  Then we went to the cemetery to see him mama's gravestone, which is still so unreal to me.  I have not reconciled myself to the fact that she is no longer with us.  I still think of things to tell her, and am always hearing what she would say about things, she did have something to say about everything.  I truly miss her.  

This little guy is buried right near her: 

He only has a little marker, but that's okay.  

It was a pleasant outing, even the sad part, spending some time with Paul is always nice.  He's had a really rough week, but seems to be on the mend.  He's planning to go fishing tomorrow:)

Kathryn and I went out and about a few times this week.  I waited in the car with her little ones while she went into the dr. to sign some papers.  We sang songs, I gave them cookies, and I played Oscar the Grouch's I Love Trash for them, and we talked about all the people coming and going in the parking lot.  I pointed out that the old lady had a sweater on because old people get colder.  Rhys so sweetly asked, "Are you cold, Grandma?"  Touche', Rhys.  

She came over to visit a few times too...Jamie likes the rocking puppy...

Ahh, the warm evenings on the deck...I bought a few more flowers at Walmart today, need to put them in bigger pots...

I think some grandkids are coming over tomorrow.  It's been a while for most of them, it'll be fun.  

And...I'm not going to go on and on about this, but can you imagine that we live in a country where the legal system is used to punish one's political enemies?  

Anyway, we had Costco chicken this week, and I made some excellent meatballs.   I made some chicken breast, tossed in baking powder, flour and corn starch, and fried up in olive oil...some in orange sauce, some in buffalo sauce, and some plain.  

Ah well....it this post scrambled enough for you?  I don't know what random things to write about sometimes!  There are of course things that are not for the blog, as usual, and it can seem like I'm leaving out crucial info, like la-ti-da, hunky dory life, right here!

 I saw an article where a few young people are having fits about growing up in the public eye, having every event documented on Facebook, how much they hate that their first period was public knowledge...that's awful, but, remember this...just as they are victims in this, their mothers sort of were too...everyone else was doing it!  They probably didn't think of later repercussions.   

So far as I know, none of my kids are accusing me of being a Life Ruiner.  I hope I wasn't too forthcoming...

And, it's late.  I need to get some sleep.  

7 comments:

Linda said...

...and it's a sad sad world we live in ref. to your comment about the judicial system...sigh...I was reading about the long effects of covid, and some have lasting immune issues...unfort. we shall never know the truth.

Wishing you a beautiful day, regardless of sickness etc.

Mari said...

Glad you're doing better. It probably was covid again and then there are the affects afterward.
We did a cemetery stop too. It can be tough.
My kids haven't accused me of ruining their lives either. They do tease me about always taking pictures though!

Cindy said...

I don't often post on social media - except for the blog - but I feel that is a little more private. I sometimes wonder what this world will be like 20, 30, 40 years from now. Especially if we keep going down these same paths.

I'm glad you had a great time with your grands. I get to see my youngest next month. And your relaxing day at home sounds so nice! Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

So cute a question from Rhys, showing she was paying attention to you 🤣Glad she is better!
Loved seeing Robert's little marker. Our little twin girl was cremated, and I don't have the heart to bury her. Hugs!
Valerie

Terri D said...

I enjoyed your scrambled post. It is always fun catching up with you and yours! Hope you got some good rest!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Della. I love your blog. But how, as a Christian, do you justify the actions of that horrible man. Not a fan of the current guy, but I’m seriously wondering how Christians can back that horrible cheating, bullying, adulterous man? JB

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, truth is a lost art. Politicians, anyone with any power these days: they have no shame about lying. None at all.
Mari, the Covid after effects are brutal. That virus was engineered to be harmful, that's for sure. Yes, the cemetery visits are rough. Life is too short, and too sad sometimes.
Cindy, some people share every little thing. I do know there are times I have overshared on the blog, eeks...
Oh Valerie, that is so sad about your little twin girl. hugs.
Terry, I totally enjoy reading your blog too, can't seem to comment but I read!
JB, hello. I'm not sure I can justify anyone's actions, least of all a politician. I do know that things seemed better in our country a few years back.