summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 29, 2024

wonderful weekend...

 When the house is quiet, and I sit with my feet, the day that went by seems almost unreal, how quickly it zipped by.  This fine morning, I baked pumpkin muffins, did a load of laundry, made peanut butter cookies, then drove Camille to a friend's Halloween party with the treats, stopping first to pick up a friend and another friend.  Then a quick trip to the grocery store because kids were coming over today, and oh no, what's for dinner!?!  I got a huge-0 package of burger, some hot dogs, buns, some apple and blueberry turnovers for buy one get one free, and frozen fries.  

Home....ahhh, home.  I brought things in, and let's see, Sam and Grace were here with Grant, Ruth, and Maeve, and Darius and Kathryn were here with Achilles, Rhys, and Jamison.  Football was on, which I am an expert at tuning out.  :). When Camille texted to be picked up, I had Jamie sleeping in my arms.  He didn't even wake up when Kathryn transferred him to Darius!  

I was a few miles down the road, Camille texted me a few times, so I pulled over and called her...she said Evelyn could drive her home, yay!  I took the opportunity to drive over to pick up some local raw honey, a five pound jar, sold on marketplace.  

Home, time to make the burgers!  Kathryn made the patties, 18 of them.  We brought them down to the grill, she did most of the grilling.  I kept her company.  Miss Char called/face-timed from Germany.  She got to see Rhys and Ruth, three year old cousins, sitting in the driveway finding snails, which were just little pebbles they were petting and pretending were snails.  She could see Grant running around without a shirt, in his socks?, and Achilles following.  Then Evelyn put three of them in the wagon and pulled them up and down the road for a bit.  

Yesterday was an AMAZING day.  I woke up at 6:10, Camille and I set out to church and made brekky for a work crew, with Emily.  I scrambled the eggs, Emily toasted bagels and made fried potatoes, Camille made coffee and set everything up for the buffet line.  We cleaned it all up afterwards, and were home by nine o'clock!  

I vacuumed and did some dishes, and puttered around, then...Evelyn had asked me to go to a winery with her, and Emily and Mariel.  Of course I would!  I love having grandchildren days, but having days with the older girls is precious too.  The place Ev chose was on beautiful Cayuga Lake, and was having a fall festival.  This meant live music, but we went inside and it wasn't too loud.  We didn't buy anything from the craft vendors, but I did visit the coffee truck, twice,  That guy knew how to make an iced Americano!  He gets his beans from a small roaster in Syracuse, and oh my, good stuff.  

I don't drink, but I do take a few tastes, and every wine there was wonderful.  We sat and talked and Em got a chili pepper beer from one of the vendors, I tasted it, oh it was good.  We had nothing pressing to do or get to, so we just enjoyed relaxing.

Six days until the wedding.  I really have to make the cake, put it in the freezer, so I can frost it on Thursday.  I am going to the spine dr. on Tuesday, and have Activity Club on Tuesday night.  

I don't have an extra busy week, but it feels like I do...staying in an Airbnb for the weekend, starting on Thursday, so have to get things ready and packed, and planned...

Ah well....one of these days I'll write a deeper post, not just a What We Ate for Dinner post...I will say this though, life is good.  :). Tomorrow is Monday again, already!!!!  Time, slow down, please!  Have a good evening!

1 comment:

Mari said...

It sounds like a good weekend. I'm glad it wasn't too crazy because you've got lots of busyness ahead! That wedding will be here before you know it!