summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

ahhh....a day.

 This misty moisty morning, when cloudy was the weather....(Mother Goose)...I had nowhere to go, nowhere to be.  But.  I had some animal problems. 

Now, the saga began last night, when I, freshly showered with a soft cotton nightgown on, got into my wonderful bed.  What?!  WHAT?!  WHY IS MY BED WET?!  I jumped out of bed so fast, I'm surprised I didn't pull a muscle.  My bed was wet.  I took a deep breath, and turned on the bedside lamp.  A big puddle of wet, starting on my nice just-a-few-months-old Target clearanced comforter.  

I smelled it.  I mean, wouldn't you?  Pee.  Yup, pee, no doubt about it.  I have some theories, I blame the cat.  Old Kitty.  She was closed in my room for a bit, because there were visiting grandchildren, namely a one year old Blythe who goes everywhere and gets into everything, as one year olds should.


So, you close all the hallway doors and let her go.  She's a cute little monkey.

I cannot fathom one of the dogs being the culprit.  (oh dear, lost my train of thought, Camille just brought me a cup of hot tea, ginger peach with a tad bit of local honey, perfect for a chilly evening!).  The dogs.  Suri cannot even get up on the bed, and I seriously doubt Sunny would pee there...but she might have if she was stuck in there....so I think it was the cat.  

Anyway.  You'd think, being the mother of 16 hooligans, I'd be done trying to figure out who did things ha.  

So last night, I got out some clean sheets, and made a nest on the couch.  It wasn't terrible, I changed my nightgown, and read for a while...then this fine I found the same kitty locked in a spare room we keep an extra refrigerator in...someone was getting out or putting back the wedding cupcakes...and kitty got locked in there...there is not a kitty litter box in that room, so you can imagine the suprises she left me.

She was mighty happy to get out of the room, and purred for kitty chow, but ate it up too quickly, and yeah, she barfed three times across the floor on the way to the door...

Argh, they keep me hopping.  

These two were visiting here yesterday too, Wulf and Tennyson.  Wulf wasn't feeling so well, but we still managed to play a game of Labopoly.  I made them homemade waffles for dinner, with sprinkles.  

This fine morning, after washing three loads of bedding, vacuuming the floors, washing up the dishes, picking up some toys, I asked Miss Cam if she wanted to go to the library.  We stopped at the thrift store first, she got an Abercrombie and Fitch sweater, I got a few nice Kohl's and Macy's shirts, then off to Target we went. 
This was marked down to $49.49!  I have been wanting one for years, especially to clean the couch.  I was not planning to get it today, but how could I not?   We tried it out on the ottoman to see how it cleaned, it worked well but it's not dry yet.  

It was dark and rainy, so I turned into the diner...Camille ordered blueberry pancakes...think there was enough?
I got scrambled eggs, hash browns, and cinnamon raisin toast.  The toast was burnt, I should have asked her to remake it, but I started eating it, I mean, why waste it?  I didn't eat it all, but I could have, it was so good...but I try to avoid carb-y things...it's fresh baked from a little place up in Oswego, and it's so good...I really should have pointed out how burnt it was though...

Home...ahh, home.  We opened our new little Green cleaner, and tried it out...washed the clothes from the thrift store, I made my bed, and dinner time...we had leftovers from Sunday, although Jon made some sausages with onions.  

It's quiet and cozy in here right now.  Jon and Rosie are going to bake cookies tonight, probably chocolate chip.  

Tomorrow is water aerobics class, and possible going out to brekky with the group, haven't decided yet.  There are a few things I need to go pick up from an auction site, a six dollar couch cover, and a $20 travel backpack.  

There is sickness going around, Paul was sick last week and better in time for the wedding, but still kind of dragging.  I feel like I've been fighting it off, just am tired, but that could be from sleeping on the couch last night, ha.  Have a good evening, and if you live in Florida, oh dear, be safe.  



No comments: