summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 22, 2024

oh dear me!

 Well, as I always say, a D-Mannose a day keeps the UTI's away...except I don't really always say that, and from the time I felt those first twinges to the time I actually got more D-Mannose, well, it was too late.  Day after day, it ebbed and abated, then this morning, I will spare you the details, but it was apparent it was time for a dr. visit.

No wonder I've been feeling like I'm fighting something off though!

Camille and I did manage to go out and about today.  We went to Target for probiotics and a few other necessities, then to the grocery store for ground beef, $3.49 a pound, as tomorrow I plan to make meatballs.  We also got buy two get four free Coke Zero (and some Dr. Pepper for Miss Cam!).  

Home, ahh, home.  

Laundry dishes vacuuming...then Miss Cam left to go to work, and I sat down, put my feet up...talked to my sister on the phone...then Sonja was wanting to go to the grocery store, she came and picked me up.  We went to Aldi, I needed next to nothing but got the bourbon brown sugar chuck roast, can't wait.  Coffee cream, some chocolate, and some salad.  

Home again!  It was only Paul and I here for dinner:  a cauliflower crust pizza, some leftover chicken wings, and salad.   Then I stopped writing this to head over to Em's house...the rest is this morning.

Just some random pics, Kathryn with Blythe, Ruth and Rhys enjoying being friends and cousins, Grace in the back with Jamie, Adrian and Margaret
Emily, Grace with Maeve in the highchair, and Jamison walking with loot in his front pocket
Achilles got too hot, Uncle Sam, Emily, baby B, as Cam calls Blythe
Maeve loves Sunny, leans right back and has her bottle...Sunny tolerates.  
Labradors are the best with kids.  I would personally not get any other kind.
Oh sometimes we need a bigger couch, ha.  Grace with Maeve, Sam, Cam with Jamie, Ruth and Rhys with Aunt Sonja, Grant, Kathryn...

Aunt Camille making brownies, look how cute Ruth and Rhys are!

But here's something really exciting...last evening, Camille and I went over to Emily and Mariel's place for a visit, always cozy and welcoming.  We did have a purpose, to buy plane tickets!  Emily, Mariel, Grace, and I are going to Norway in March!!!!  I am super excited.  How will my knees hold up?  (ugh)

This fine morning, as I sit here and admire the astounding beauty of the maple in the front yard, I know I have to get up and get busy.  I just got up, swept the floor, and made another coffee.  I don't like to let myself sit for too long!  I am going to bake some cupcakes this morning, for a gender reveal, and that's all I am going to say about it for now!  

Camille and I are doing activity club tonight, and I'm having some grandkids and older kids here for dinner this afternoon, so I'm planning to make a mega-batch of meatballs.  

Of course the weather is glorious summer weather, not meatball weather at all, sunny and eighty today!

Ah well...I'm drinking my coffee black today.  I don't mind it at all, it's freshly ground, double espresso shot with some hot water, mmm.  I have just stalled in weight loss, and sneaky little things that add up have sneaked into my days, so I have to wake up and deny myself a bit more.  It isn't fun, but neither is diabetes, and my poor knees suffer enough, a few more pounds off can only help.  

You all have a good day, and I'll be sure to take lots of pics of the gender reveal, it'll be fun:)



No comments: