This fine afternoon, I have to go to the dermatologist. I need to hop up and jump in the shower, then run out the door, minus all the hopping, jumping, and running of course.
I cleaned my floors with the new mop vac, which I still adore. Then I decided to clean the big couch with the Little Green Machine. It's still damp but looks so much better. I've learned a few things through the years, and one is not to eat on the couch...well, adults can if they're careful, but not kids. Even so, it gets dirty. Drinks slosh, baby bottles drip, and life happens. :)
Now I'm home from the dr, and all is well. He's a great dermatologist, I've been going to him for actual decades. He knows I have a lot of kids, and I told him I have 21 grandchildren now, and about Nicole (to be fair, I jabber on about ANYTHING when I have to go and have someone check my skin just about everywhere. For a distraction. I mean, if you've ever had a total skin check, dr. looks even between the toes. (skin cancer has been known to present there!). I did make sure I had some brand new Target briefs on, one time I wore these brown underwear I thought were okay, but when I took them off that evening after I had the term appointment, I realized that they were really really old....the kind of old where they are almost transparent in places....oops.). Thankfully I have a semi new bra too, some of mine are just kind of shredded...Target doesn't carry the ones I would just replace them with anymore, so I need to do the dreaded bra shopping. ).
Anyway. I told him about Nicole and he said he prays every morning before he gets out of bed, and he will be praying for her. Can it get any better than that? I also don't have any skin cancer, especially because he burnt off the little questionable spot from my shin...I had this little spot I would find myself itching at, it was there for a long while, so I remembered to point it out today, and sure enough, it warranted the can of freeze-off, or whatever it's called. At least there weren't any on my face today!
I went to BJ's, and got some coffee. The big bag of Starbucks had two coupons, $4 each, so it was a decent price. I also got some M&M's and some Smartpop cheddar popcorn. I wanted the ground beef that was on sale, but they were all out.
I stopped and got an iced Americano because it was going to be a long ride home. The bridge that goes over the river that gets us from the small city to home has been under repair for a year now, should be done next month. The little rickety bridge we detour to was closed today unexpectedly, I drove there and there were cones across. The other big bridge over the river closed last week, as all the extra traffic has strained it! So I had to go all the way back over and down, for an extra 20 minutes or so onto my trip.
It was a gorgeous day for a drive though...all the leaves floating down from the trees, and just starting to really blaze.
Here's your baby Nicole fix for the day...I get to watch her on live-stream, and I love it so much, love her so much. She gets her nutrition through her feeding tube, her mama is able to pump milk for her, and also to give her tastes from a swab, which she really likes. I would like to swoop her up and hold here, rock her and sing her a song.
Yesterday I did get to swoop baby Bridget up and hug her!
(I stole this picture from Evelyn, baby B with her daddy.).Bridget was fussy and I was able to rock her to sleep, which is my favorite thing.
Ah well...dinner is done...
This is my salad (arugula, cucumbers, red and yellow peppers, craisins, raspberries, lime juice, a splash of avocado oil, and some almonds and wonton strips. There is also bbq air fryer chicken....You all have a really good night...I have to leave here in a few minutes for Activity Club...:)



No comments:
Post a Comment