summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 22, 2007

another day of warmth and sunshine

And 75+ degrees....everyone likes it but me. I am too hot. And, we live in the country, where stinkbugs and ladybugs thrive in the warm fall weather. They get all over the outsides of the house, and climb in the cracks of the screens....Yuck. But a cool wind is blowing tonight, and tomorow promises to be cooler.
We had a really nice weekend!! Friday, we went to the museum of Play in Rochester. 11 of the kids went with me. Jon loved the Bob The Builder exhibit. Charlotte Claire loved all of it: sand, steps, balls, running, pushing the cart in the miniture grocery store....
Then, Saturday to a conference at church, 700+ people were there. Our fellowship does a grille for lunch and dinner, and we sell candy all day. I was doing that, and I just love the kids.
They are so funny. They usually know their totals faster than I do. Then, in the evening, we had a feast ( a really encouraging meeting), then another on Sunday morning. Then I went home for an hr., had lunch with the kids, and out shopping with 3 daughters. Then, picked up pizza, home for 20 minutes, and off to a surprise birthday for Mary's 50th. We all gave her some thankfulness, and some encouragement. We left there with a great appreciation for her. She has 14 children.

It is on my heart to pray diligently for my friends, and especially for the young people. Nothing is more encouraging than to see them overcoming sin, and being zealous for Jesus. All the work and toil at home is nothing compared to the joy of having your children get converted and live in purity.

Well, my feet are swollen and sore, and frequent bathroom trips abound...a few more weeks, and we'll have a newborn again. The kids are pretty excited. When they come visit in the hospital, and lay their eyes, and hands, on the baby for the first time: absolute beauty. Charlotte Claire will no doubt be more interested in playing in the sink, and the buttons on the bed, but the others will be entranced. They will fight and argue about how long each other has held "it", and about who should hold baby for the picture....It really is a joyous time though. My body is suffering, but I am very thankful to be getting a new baby!!!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

I've enjoyed reading your entries, how you get anything done is beyond me!!