summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 6, 2007

birthday party day

Today is Kendall's birthday party. She is my little brother's little princess, turning 5. Her party is at a mini-golf course in the mall. Only Sonja (5), and Suzanne (6) are invited, but daddy is busy today, older kids busy and scattered, so I have to bring Margaret (10), Kathryn (9), Evelyn (8), Jonathan (3), and Charlotte Claire. But Mariel Joy (17), is helping too. I mean, a trip to the mall!!

So, I love my new sewing machine. And I really like the lady who I bought it from. She is just so nice. Her and her husband got married after both their spouses passed away, and had ten kids altogether. They have 41 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren. They are just super nice people. I brought the machine home, and it works great. Now I just have to tame my frustrations-I want to use it, and it's almost impossible with the kids around. So I have to wait until they're in bed...

With 15 kids, a mom can't just wait until a few weeks before Christmas to start shopping. So I start a few weeks AFTER Christmas.. I've always bought these guys way too much. I figure just because there's alot of them, they shouldn't get shortchanged...But now they have so many toys....Just numbers: 5 little girls 5 years apart 3 barbies each each Christmas, plus birthdays....This year I've bought bedding sets for 7 of the girls. At 75% off, of course. And I have stuff in my closet for Jon and Charlotte Claire, and a few things for the little girls. But then there's the older kids. Em, Ab, Ben, Mariel (actually I got her something great, and expensive for cheap, but I don't want to say in case she reads this), Joe, Aaron, Molly, Sam, and Margaret........

Why I am writing about Christmas when it is 80 degrees out is only a mystery for people who have just a few to buy for.....

This baby is keeping me up at night already. Uncomfortable!! Contractions in the night...I have 4 weeks to go...

Gramma and Grampa: I got another fill up of gas with my Price-Chopper rewards card yesterday!! $58 something for 66 cents!! That makes 3 practically free fill ups, plus two for Emily. I love it!!! I had $2.90 off per gallon, and gas was like $2.95......

No comments: