summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

another school day

Yeah, they're almost out the door....I find they do better if I'm not over there micromanaging...besides, I have a few minutes with my arms free!

A new day stretches before me. I want to: above all, be patient and good. Get the house clean. Snuggle with Camille. Get some hugs and smiles from Charlotte Claire. Some hugs and cuddles from Jon, along with some killer conversation about trains, cars, tractors....I want some decent time with my teenagers: Ben, Mariel, Joe, Aaron, and Molly....we can laugh! The other day, I was nagging about people leaving water in their cups on the counter (I counted 6 cups with water in them), and of course no one here does that...and Mariel, 18, and Aaron, 15, confessed they talk about how easy it would be to drive Mom absolutely nuts. Go ahead and try, I said. I'll drive you nuts too. I have to laugh at myself, seeing me through their eyes. Anyway, I want: some good time with Sam, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and my kindergartener, Sonja. I DO have some fun with these younger four girls in the morning before school, especially days like today when Jon, Charlotte Claire, and Camille sleep in... And I want: a little time with my oldest two, Emily and Abigail, no longer teenagers. They are adults now (23 and 21), and we can have some good fellowship. I know they won't be here forever, so I treasure the time spent together. And last but obviously not least: I want some alone time with Paul. We still have that spark, and I am crazy about him. Around here, we can barely volley two sentances without interuption. He gives up too easily. I can talk for hours, being interupted every two minutes, he just gives up. So we need some time.....Honestly, I can't get mad at him. We rub elbows, and he does things that just drive me insane, but when I look into his eyes, whoa! He still has me.

Anyway...we are going camping this year. Adirondacks. Our neighboring campers will either love us or hate us. I am trying to get into better shape so I won't be too miserable walking everywhere, and on the beach....I just have so much extra time and energy to excercise....

Camille is crying, so my time for myself is over for now. I bet I appreciate peace and quiet ten times more than the average mom......since I hardly recognize it..but I did stay up 'til midnight reading......

No comments: