summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 1, 2008

snow day!

It should've been called and ice day. Rain and ice. I was so, so glad to stay in bed a little extra this morning. Boy, Charlotte Claire is a BRAT. An absolutely adorable brat, but she is getting so spoiled with this cast on her leg. The kids think she is just so cute. She screams and screams loud when she wants something. We will just have to somehow debratify her when the cast comes off. It is so funny to watch her, though. She crawls, and when she gets tired, she drops right down and does the soldier under the fence crawl. Sometimes she gets up and walks few steps, and that is even cuter. I know she is my own child and everyone thinks their own kid is cute, but she really is squeezable.
Paul is at a brothers conference, Emily is at work, Ben went to a friend's house, Abigail and Mariel are at the brothers' conference serving coffee...It's funny that it seems sort of empty, and there are 13 of us here. We were having semi-homemade pizza for dinner, and the dough was starting to ferment, so I had to throw it out, very sad. I had the cheese, olives, onions, peppers, pepperoni and olive oil all out on the table. Rats!! What would dinner be? Evelyn thought of fajitas!! We took flour tortillas, and made little pizza things out of them...a little bit of olive oil, and they baked up crunchy and yummy. Served with some canned peaches and fruit cocktail, and an easy dinner for the twelve of us. (Camille doesn't eat dinner, at least not directly)
Sonja is still sick, her temperature was 103.something today....I hate giving medicine, but tylenol only took her down to 102, so I gave a half dose of ibuprofen. She perked up for a while, but is on the couch again now. She must have the flu....Charlotte, Suzanne, and Evelyn have had it now. So Jon's turn is coming.....I would never choose to have a sick child, of course, but anyone who has kids knows that they are very sweet and lovable when they feel lousy. Must be some grace from God to help us be extra patient with them.
I hope my girls get home safe tonight, and Paul too. I don't like to worry so much, but I do. I'm starting to know how my parents had it...Uh-oh, Jon just said he's sick.....

No comments: