summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 9, 2008

saturday again

Feeling kind of lousy today, but not terrible. Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Charlotte had the flu with fevers and coughs....Jon 3 1/2, hasn't had it yet. Neither have the older kids. I've been laying low here, but I did vacuum and give the kids lunch, and make a few cakes for after dinner. Is this boring? I like to just sit here and write about life as it is....

Molly and Mariel going to Fla. next week to visit their Gramma and Grampa W. Lucky, lucky girls. I sure would like 75 degrees and a dip in the pool right about now. It is pretty cuddly to be inside today. It's like 35 degrees, and snowy, rainy, drippy, grey, brown, soggy...but cuddly in here. It smells like birthday, because of the cakes....and the kids went outside, decided pretty quickly it was yucky out there, and are having a sleepover party here in the living rom. Lots of comfy pillows and quilts..
Evelyn and I had some fun together today. We sneaked into the bathroom and put some peel-off mask on our faces. It was hilarious when we came out with green slimy faces. Molly came to ask me a question, and was like, "What's wrong with your face?" Of course, I played dumb....then when I started peeling it off, I told Jon with alarm, "My face is coming off, help!" The other kids played along, and suggested I go to the hospital....his face was priceless. I told him pretty quickly that it was okay, just some stuff to make me pretty...

That's one thing I can't resist: teasing them a little. Aaron, 15, woke up at 1:15 this afternoon, actually, I woke him up. When he came upstairs at 1:45, Paul told him his friends had already left for snowboarding. And I joined in....then 'fessed up, just kidding! Can't help it. Well, Molly just came upstairs with a shoebox full of dirty socks from volleyball season. Don't get mad she says....Who, me? I am thrilled!!! It helps dispel the notion that socks disapear into thin air. How can there possibly be no clean socks and no dirty ones either??

I am cooking pork chops for dinner: 3 packages of 4 chops, and a big huge pack too. We're having a few more kids over....So, I have to get crackin' if they're gonna be done for dinner.....











su

No comments: