summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 15, 2008

am I bored?

She is going to be walking pretty soon if she keeps this up...



Evelyn looks so spiffy in her around-the-house clothes....


Kathryn and Evelyn were so excited to be going to their friend's sleepover/birthday party. They were packed up first thing this morning.....



Oh, Camille found the kitty.....

Kitty likes it in the cozy house today....this is Kitten Force...





Camille was chasing this train....






I put her in her cozy jammies....and she has my favorite wipes....lavender, mmmmm.









Do they taste as good as the smell?






Jon really likes his picture taken.....





What ever did I do in the days before digital cameras? Back when I had to buy film, and pay to develop each picture? When I had to wait to get them back to see how they turned out? Back when if a child took the camera and took 20 pictures, you would just about faint, thinking of the wasted money?




We sort of had a tea party for lunch...but I thought I could sneak a load of clothes into the dryer quick, before we started....which was stupid....Charlotte Claire had just enough unsupervised time to rip open a tea bag.....then, she pooped during the tea party.....then Camille woke from her nap....I had 3 choices: get Camille up, change and nurse her, clean up the lunch/tea party mess, or change Charlotte Claire's diaper. Of course I had to do all 3 choices, but what had to be done first? Oh, the fun.....it just goes on and on.




It is so quiet in here I can hardly stand it. Charlotte Claire is now napping, and Jon is following Camille around, making sure she stays out of trouble. He thinks he can pick her up....let's see, he's 43 pounds, she is 21 pounds 6 ounces.....I don't think so.




We watched the movie, "Enchanted" this afternoon. It is very entertaining. I especially liked where Gizelle (the princess), who only knows true love lasts forever and ever, and happily ever after, found out a couple was getting divorced, and she was so shocked and upset, that she started crying....and it had such an affect on the couple, they ended up getting back together.




What kind of mother would ignore the fact that she had to go to the bathroom, being so busy, until it was almost too late, and then have the inevitable fight break out as she headed to the bathroom, and she walked right by the fight...?Those bathroom trips take some planning, then something unexpected always seems to come up....




My next trick is to make dinner for these guys. I don't want to because I am having fun typing this, and watching Jon go around in his raincar, with Camille in tow...she is walking behind it, holding on. It is so cute...













3 comments:

Mamajil said...

What a neat post!I love big families!! Funny we watched enchanted today as well it was very cute except for the cock roaches that came to clean up.....they creeped me out a bit!!

cheryl said...

If I didn't know any better, it looks like Kathryn has makeup on! I know she doesn't, of course. I think the same thing when I see my girls in pictures. Claire and I were talking today at lunch about how she would claim Kathryn and Evelyn when they were little, and how beautiful they were (are, still).. It's neat how we can tell our girls that they're lovely, (naturally) yet encourage them that the real beauty that's on the inside is what counts. Looks like you had a fun day.

Amber said...

Camille is so precious. She looks like such a cuddly baby. And digital cameras do rock!