summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 10, 2008

slept the day away....

I think Camille is coming down with another cold. She was up SIX times last night. I nurse her for like 20 minutes when she wakes up. So, my night was a joke. I was sort of delirious this morning. I somehow managed to get the kids out the door to school, then got Camille back in for a nap. Paul took the day off from work....and he probably had hopes of playing his guitar....but I went in for a nap, and after an hour, of listening to Camille sleep fitfully, doing that little throat tickling cough thing, I brought her out and asked Paul if he minded watching her so I could take a real nap....and I did. 2 hours. It didn't exactly add up to a perfect night sleep, and it wasted a considerable amount of the day, but yum. It was good.

Then Paul picked up Suzanne and they went to the dentist. He had a filling fall out a year ago....and she has a cavity. He's going to stop at the store and get some milk while he's out. I don't write too much about him, but he is a good guy. If I could wish something for all the women in the world, it would be to find a man like him. He is so very responsible and caring. He follows Jesus, too, and that means not alot of rules, but salvation....not giving in to the anger, and grumbling that seems to fill people....so, he is thereby patient and kind, and forgiving. I am not sure how people could have any kids at all, with all the stuff they pull, and not have God to turn to....anyway, Paul is a good husband, I am still crazy for him. There is alot to be said for not blaming each other for things, and not hardening our hearts. We are not against each other, but together in our fight against our own sinful natures. And together in helping our children fight against their sinful tendencies. Encouraging them that it is possible, and being living examples. I know, I know, but I can't help it. I see people in all kinds of need. More rules, guidlines, blah, blah, don't help. But following Jesus on the way He made, that helps. He grew up a tender shute in dry ground. Even in the craziness, we can be overcomers.

Tomorrow I have to take Camille and Jonathan to the dr. for well check-ups. The kids have the day off from school. If I had realized that it is Benjamin's birthday, and the kids would be home, I wouldn't have made the appt. for tomorrow, and now Paul is going to be here too....oh well. Maybe I'll take the opportunity to go to the video store and get the American Girls movie for the girls, that we were going to go see at the theatre in the summer, and never did....we saved lots of money...

Well, Camille is up, and Sam doesn't want her.....to his credit, she is very fussy and doesn't feel well......so, my time is up!

4 comments:

Piper Paradise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Piper Paradise said...

I loved reading about your husband. It completes the picture I have about your family in my mind : -)

Hope Camille (one of fav names by the way) is better soon!

p.s. I deleted my prior comment because the grammar was horrible due to the little one nursing in my arms at the moment!

Amber said...

I just love reading your blog! It is so uplifting and encouraging. It is such a blessing to have a husband that supports you in all you do for the kids and contributes to that also. God bless!

Enola said...

I was wondering what it is that your husband does for a living.

Gotta hear it for supportive husbands. I wrote about mine today too. He took our Baby this morning so I could sleep for an hour.

Piper - LOL at deleting your post. I regularly type while nursing. My posts end up uncapitalized and with horrible spelling!