summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

thanksgiving....

and what am I thankful for??? #16 . baby Camille.#15. Charlotte Claire

#14. Jonathan Robert.....

#13. Sonja Kathleen

#12. Suzanne Eleanor



#11. Evelyn Joy




#10. Kathryn Grace







#9 . Margaret Cheryl....









#8. Samuel James









#7. Mali Rose









#6. Aaron Royce









#5. Joseph Michael








#4. M.














#3. Benjamin Paul













#2. Abigail Marie















#1. Emily Anne

















and # 17, pumpkin pie...

















And of course the apple pie.... And all the usual things, like family, friends, home and hearth......oh, and the chocolate pie, and the lemon-merangue pie that Emily made this morning...
The kids graciously co-operated with my mission to take their individual pictures today.....except for M., who called me from Canada today, whom I miss, I took a picture from the beach in the Adirondacks.....and it's blurry, which is how she would like it. I try to respect her wish for anonomity, or however that's spelled.....
The turkey is done, the potatoes, all peeled and cut, and forgotten, just got put on the stove....oh well. And I realized a few minutes ago, I have to go make the stuffing....I need to get some kids moving to get the table set, the olives and pickles out....it smells just heavenly in here. The smell of a turkey roasting, especially when you've only had some Wheat Thins for lunch, is heavenly....
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.....





















































7 comments:

Martha said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Della!
I love your family pictures, I love your pies, and I love the smell of Thanksgiving too!

Mireille said...

Mom your kids are SOOOO beautiful! It is amazing to me that two people, such as Dad and youself can have such good-looking children. No I'm kidding, you are lovely. The pies look fantasic. I tell as many peole as I can about your blog because I know you love that. I put in on favorites (favourites, they're Canadian) on the B's computer becuause J likes to read it.

Mireille said...

Suze is the prettiest.

cheryl said...

We miss you, M.. oops, I almost spelled your name correctly!! Janet and Susan and the rest, of course, wish you were here now.. but they'll really appreciate you when you get back!! Nice pictures, Della.. How did we end up with all these very lovely children?? And on the inside, too, where it counts. If it sounds like we're bragging to the rest of the world, we're really not.. we just cannot believe our good fortune! Now I know how our mother felt, she enjoyed us, too. I miss them.. Happy Thanksgiving.. we'll be having our turkey in a couple of days, when little Will can come home.

cheryl said...

PS to M: One time I was being complimented by a couple and the man said, "Each one is prettier than the next". The girls were very confused by that. I remember a time when I used to tell them that it wasn't their fault they were pretty, (when people told them they were) not to feel bad about it, that it didn't matter what looks God gave you. So behave yourself!! How would you like it if I said YOU are the prettiest???

Unknown said...

Great photos, Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for blogs like yours!

Amber said...

You have such beautiful names for your girls. I just found out I am 6weeks pregnant (pregnant again after a miscarriage...took us over a year to get pregnant again) and may still part of one of your girl's names if it is a girl...if that's ok. Remember us in your prayers and we pray this baby makes it to term and is healthy! I just love reading your blog!