summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tagged?

Well, I don't really like to play these games, but I thought for once I'd be game....I had to go into my files and from the 6th file choose the 6th picture, and here it is...from August, Margaret on the couch, and Sonja, and Kathryn, and Charlotte Claire. Abigail was newly on crutches from dislocating her kneecap. I like the sunkissed cheeks on Miss Charlotte...so, now I have to tag six people, which I am not going to do. If anyone who reads this wants to play, that's fine.....and Martha, who tagged me, has a very interesting picture on her blog. Is it Little Sodus Bay? My husband has ice-fished in that area.....it looks so stark in the winter....such a contrast to this picture!
I decided to do something fun for my two little girls who were the oldest this weekend, Suzanne 7, and Sonja 6......so this afternoon, with Camille all tucked into her nap, we went for a little treat. Molly went along, with Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and I. I was going to take them to Pizza Hut to use their Pan Pizza coupons from Book-It, at school. But no they wanted to go to McDonalds. I don't blame them. The playground is so much fun for them. Charlotte Claire was so excited, she didn't even eat, we had to bring her food with us when we left. They ran and played for about an hour, then we went to BigLots.....I got a few Christmas presents, some Balance Bars (only 50cents there), some cheap snacks for school lunches....Then to BJ's, for some milk, oranges, fruit snacks (with a coupon), instant mashed potatoes (coupon), frozen meatballs (coupon), and a few other things......
The kids weren't really thrilled with that store trip, but they were okay. There were some food samples, so that helped. And yes, they all would like to try the trail mix.
Camille likes to get into the garbage....yuck. She likes to do alot of things that just aren't allowed. It seems like each kid goes through the same stages. Same script, different characters.....then once in a while one of them will think of something the others never did, just to stump me. But year after year of cereal cupboard explorers and potty paddlers has taught me something: This too will pass.....
It is a school night, and the little girls already had their showers, but they need to start getting ready for bed...and Camille is fussing. She has taken a few steps now. She is pushing the raincar around the living room. Crash! I better go....

1 comment:

Martha said...

I love frozen meatballs! They are a great save when I forget to plan ahead or extras show up for supper.

Thanks for playing the game. My picture is not from Little Sodus Bay but the actual lake shoreline just west of Pultneyville.