summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 1, 2008

We are watching football

Which I could take or leave, preferably leave. We have the volume turned down, and are being the commentators. It is lonely here. Ben is at work, and Abigail is studying with a friend. M. is still away, and Aaron and Molly are gone for the weekend. The younger kids are in bed, and Emily is home from work at the hospital now. Sam, Margaret, and Kathryn are still up with Paul and I. And it is quiet. And nice. Nice to talk to them.

I do not know how the days fly by so quickly....today dawned full of promise, I thought I would go for my walk, and take a dip in the hot tub.....I did make a cake, a tomato soup cake.....if you didn't know it had tomato soup in it, you wouldn't guess. It is like a pumpkin cake, or a spice cake. I made my buttercream frosting for the top, and it was pretty yummy. We went to the fall feast at church this afternoon. The theme was western. I was an Indian. Oh, excuse me, Native American. But Jonathan was Bob the Builder. We somehow managed to get everyone ready and out the door by 4:00.

Here in the U.S.of A., in most states anyway (Arizona doesn't participate, or does a county in Indiana, and that's all I know that don't) is the time change. We set the clocks back an hour in the fall, and forward an hour in the spring. Daylight savings time, originally created to give the farmers an extra hour of daylight.....and it sticks with us. So, tonight, we go back to real time, turning the clocks back an hour. It's nice to have an extra hour today, but the kids will be getting up at say 8:00, and it will be seven....so less quiet time for me in the morning....

Me, Me, Me, always about me.....

Does anyone who reads this have a Nintendo Wii? I am just wondering if anyone likes it. I have not played video games for like 20+ years, but the Wii looks interesting to me. The boys have an Xbox 360 , it does not appeal to me at all. I am wondering if the Wii Fit package is just for one person at a time, or several kids can play at a time. Or if we would have to buy $$$$ of equipment for lots of kids to get to play at the same time. I am starting to think about the long cold winter, when they can't get outside for long enough or often enough.......

3 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

We have a Wii and LOVE it. The kids play Guitar Hero with Daddy and Daddy & I play some Super Mario Brothers games that take us back to our (my?) childhood. It is fun for all ages. I hope to get the fit thing for Christmas :- )

Kathyb1960 said...

Does Canada change their time? I know Hawaii doesn't either. I think most countries have some sort of time change--even Iraq. I researched it one time...kinda interesting that other countries do it as well. I had to MAKE myself wait till 5:30 to get up! LOL

Have a GREAT day!

Kathy in West Texas

Kelli said...

We have a Wii and all of us love it! (I have 4 sons) I have the Wii Fit game and it is lots of fun, not boring exercise and good for bad weather days. It doesn't require anything but the balance board that comes with it.
And we all love Guitar Hero, it keeps the boys busy as long as I will let them play it! It's more of an active video game system, not just one you just sit and use your hands for. If you're actually bowling, you have to stand up and do the hand/arm motion of bowling. My kids love Wii Sports probably the most because it has the most variety of games, and I think it came with the Wii. In my opinion, the Wii was great money spent!