summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 17, 2008

even more pictures

How could it possibly be so busy staying home all day with these three angels?
Cheryl, this is for you. I had the Zippy in the livingroom, so I got out the basinette to see how it looks....I hope I need it someday....if not, I do have eleven daughters...and 19 nieces....
cute....and it would be easier to push in the mall than the big wheeled pram....I just like basinettes to protect and cuddle newborns....and I just like newborns.....



Well, she isn't newborn, but she sure is cute and cuddly.

Jonathan insisted on taking a turn with the vacuum cleaner today. I am not getting payed to say this, but this Dyson vacuum cleaner is the most efficient and wonderful cleaner I have had, and in the 24+ years we have been married, we have had just about everything out there. This one is just so convnient. If you vacuum up a sock or a pen, you can just disconnect the piece you think the blockage is in, and clean it out, snap it back on.....no screwdrivers. I got it for half price, and if it ever dies, I don't know what I'll do....it was hard enough to pay half price....new: almost $500......



Camille likes to take a few steps now....and this evening I remembered how much more confident they are taking their first steps when they have something in their hands....a sippy cup isn't a very good idea though....usually a little purse or stuffed animal....







Whoa!







I am not sure what was up with Kathryn in this picture, but Joseph was sneaking candy....







Joseph is SUCH a good boy. He often takes Camille for me for nice sections of time, so I can make dinner or go walking....








I thought this was sweet...









If you ever see a 17 year old boy who looks like this, please be slow to judge.....sometimes they just like to express themselves or whatever it is that drives them to try out the facial hair, and long hair. This boy does not smoke, drink, hang out in the streets, or have girlfriends....he is wholehearted in his calling to God, and he testifies in the youth meetings. He is our artist/guitar player/keyboard player. He is a gentle soul.....
hmm, how many times did I write today? Too much time on my hands.. ha. This afternoon, Kathryn had a headache, and really wanted to go in the hot tub.....it was turned up to 101, so I got Aaron and Joe to watch Camille, and I went in with Kathryn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jon. It was getting dark out already, so we turned on the underwater light. It changes colors..... It was very cold and windy, but the steam felt so nice to breathe in. The hardest part was getting out. But after changing out of the wet suit, I feel very warm and relaxed. Not like making dinner, but that is just what I had to do.....We had gotten some boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.29 a pound at a restaurant supply store, but they came frozen in 10lb. bags....so I had to cook the whole thing....I baked them, separated them, and put some Southwest marinade on them, and served them with rice and corn. Very good dinner for minimal effort. And I baggied (not a word, I know, but one of my favorite things to do, "baggy" up the leftovers) up the rest for tomorrow's dinner.










5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm Joy. I've been lurking your blog for a bit but don't *think* I've commented yet.
There is just something so sweet about seeing a little baby with a big brother. Just melts my heart!
Great photos, great blog. I've really enjoyed reading it.

Unknown said...

Oh! And I'm jealous of the dyson hee hee

growingupartists said...

A beautiful website to start your day with...or just peek in on.

http://sunshineofautumnquilts.blogspot.com/

Mireille said...

Mom, your kids are SO beautiful! (What happened to me then?) It has been speaking to me lately too about always being merciful and loving and kind to everyone no matter what our eyes perceive. I can't beleive what a good boy Joe has turned out to be. It is so encouraging to see him. He is a good example for me in even though he is younger!
PS: I showed some girls your blog. I know you love that.

Victoria.M.Paulik's Life said...

Oh! she is so cute. Hey just letting you know I have a new blog, because the old one was getting on my nerves! You know with the wrong email address and all.