summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 11, 2011

ahh, home again...

And no pictures yet, because the camera cord took off and hid while I was gone. So I will just have to use words, for tonight anyway...

Blue. Blue skies, a few clouds floating on the breeze. Blue water. The brilliant turquoise blue water of the warm ocean. The blue water in the infinity pool, cool and refreshing. The yummy drink the nice bartender made us on our last night, we don't know what it was, but it was blue and icy and cold, and we really liked it.

We left here on Sunday morning, and by late afternoon we were in the pool there in Jamaica. Monday morning there was a quick shower, but it cleared up and no more rain all week except for during the night. We left our cares behind, and talked. We laughed our heads off, and we walked around holding hands, and we just plain liked each other. We made friends, we relaxed, we bragged about our kids.

Jerk chicken, jerk pork...yum. I ate it every single day. Veggies, fruits, chicken...we went to the steak restaurant, to the Japanese restaurant...I was sort of well behaved, but that is for a different post.

Now we are home. I have washed socks and towels, swept the floors and brushed girls' hair, made dinner and picked things up and walked Rosie...it was done in a good spirit though, because I am one happy mama to be back home with all these kids. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. I had a lot of time to think about things, so today I got to try out all the new goodness and patience I was bound and determined to have.

Seeing Camille again was sweetness! I missed her so much, especially because there was a little girl down there at the resort with an Ariel doll, always in her arms...

Rosie-The-Bad dog...oh, she was one happy pup to see me again. She can wag her whole body, that dog. She could not stop whining.

Yes, it is good to be home. For all the messes and loudness, it is home sweet home.

No comments: