summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 26, 2011

getting motivated...

Okay...I haven't been exactly dropping the pounds lately. I haven't gained, so that's good. But I am getting motivated to get beyond this limbo, and start losing again. Yesterday I had a few chocolates, and a few squares of that evil Godiva bar with salted toffee...and a piece of pumpkin pie with just made whipped cream. I only sampled the mashed potatoes with our ham dinner, and was careful the rest of the day...

So anyways, this morning I woke up telling myself that today I would be back on track, on strict track. It did not help that I woke up with a sore throat and feeling lousy...then I saw that pumpkin pie sitting there on the table. I took Rosie out into the falling snow, we tromped all the way down the road, and I thought about that pumkin pie. I reasoned that I could have a piece for breakfast, it wouldn't be that bad. I reasoned that I could just have a little taste with my breakfast. Then I reminded myself that eating yummy things is so temporary, and that I need to get my satisfaction from being faithful to this new positive life-change, or as I like to say, my DIET. So the pie is still there, and I have not had any today. I just had my oatmeal with crunchy peanutbutter, and blueberries. And coffee.

And now it is time to get busy, maybe I will write about our Christmas later.

No comments: