summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 23, 2011

day off today...

Sam, Margaret, Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire are home today. Char has a cold, but the others are fine and healthy. Just starting vacation early. Paul has the day off too. So we stayed up way too late last night...

The Syracuse University Basketball team is number ONE in the nation. I ended up working at the dome yesterday, no staying home and catching up for me. It is fun working there, catching glimpses of the game. I did cash last night, and it wasn't as bad as I dreaded it to be.

Paul brought pizza for the kids for dinner, and extra presents for Margaret's birthday, some music cds. He was glad to have some time with them, that's why I volunteered to take his place at the dome.

It is snowing out! Snow for Christmas! It is cozy in here, once again. We are sitting around talking, having coffee, Camille is on the arm of my chair reading a book. Char is on the couch with lots of blankets, the tree is lit up.

As usual in life though, there are things that aren't perfect. There are things I am tempted to worry about that I can't write about on here. There is sadness in life...we live like we aren't actually going to die someday. The bonds we form here with friends and family and children are so strong and feel so permanent, it is hard to realize that death is inevitable. Of course I don't want to waste time jumping off bridges until I come to them, but there are thoughts. And there are things that go on with older kids sometimes that leave me totally devoid of any feeling of competency at all.

And Miss Camille is waiting for me to read her book...

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Merry Christmas to you and you family...and I just have a side note for ya. I am very impressed that you manage to blog everyday! ;)