summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 18, 2011

sunday break

And just so no one thinks everything here is like a magazine,... imagine my surprise and delight when I wandered into the Princesses' room yesterday after cleaning and doing laundry and finishing up wrapping things...what the heck? They decorated with toilet paper! First they dumped out lots of stuff, because they were "looking for things". blah. Evelyn saved the day and had them pick it all up, very patiently too.

Benjamin and Ashley are home! I wanted to take pictures of them hugging Paul, and of them hugging the little ones this morning, but I am not good at interrupting sincere moments with my camera. It makes me feel so invading.

We planned to have a family photo taken today...but oops, Emily is working today! We went to church this morning: 18 of us. Everyone except for Emily. The roast went in the oven before we left, and is smelling mighty good. I have to go peel some potatoes and get the carrots in the oven soon. It was 28 degrees when we got home, but sunny, so I took Rosie for our walk. (Our morning one was small and cheaty, brr!) There is snow on the ground, so it was lovely out, despite the chill.

Right now I am finishing my afternoon coffee, which I had with two of the yummiest butter cut out cookies I have ever had. I tried a new recipe this year and they are good. I should NOT eat cookies, but...it was lunch. A few almonds, an apple, and two cookies.

The world can be such an awful place sometimes that I like reading good news...mysterious strangers paying layaway bills for Kmart and Walmart customers...how nice! One lady paid several, plus handed out some $50 bills, because her husband had recently passed away, and she said she didn't need the money...she simply told the people as she paid their bills, "Remember Ben", who mus have been her husband.

Well....time to get to the dinner....

3 comments:

jen said...

Please would you share your butter cookie recipe? Am always on the look out for a good cookie recipe, they are like gold dust!

Tereza said...

And just so it's confirmed that you're not the only one who doesn't live in a magazine house.... That's exactly what my house looks like now...and did I mention the washer broke?!!

Martha said...

I like that photo. :)