summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 14, 2012

friday...sweet.

Out to dinner for Abigail's birthday...with my niece Ellen, my sister, me. It was also my sister's daughter Claire's birthday.

Abigail. Emily told her, "I bought you a house for your birthday, Ab." Emily and Abigail live in an apartment in town. But not for long! They are closing on their house next week! A nice big roomy house.

We had too much fun last night. And yes, I was bringing home the straws to the girls. Yes, I washed them when I got home. Yes, Camille was happy. But Charlotte Claire is too sick to care. She has a temp of 103.3 this morning, and Jon is still 101. No fun. Camille...she is home because there is no way, no how, she was going to go to school all alone. Even if I picked her up, even if I put pudding in her lunch. I decided to just relent and bow out before the battle..

Today, I am staying home. I am sick and tired of shopping anyway. (Mirielle was nice enough to volunteer to take good care of them while I went out last night for Abigail's birthday..I offered her money to go instead, but she didn't want to...so knowing they were in good hands, I went with only minimal guilt)

Suri is a great comfort for sick kids. She lies as close as possible to them, or right on them. She is a cuddler.

Camille is not sick, but she has a big comfy robe on and wants attention. So...I will give her some.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

There is a bit of sickness going around here too! Hope your kids feel better soon!