summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 15, 2012

saturday morning at our house...

I made Camille's little dream come true last night. She, for some reason, has been asking begging pleading to sleep in the living room...for weeks now. She does not give up. So last night, I decided to let them sleep in the living room. The older kids were all ice skating with the youth kids from church, so we were having a cozy little evening here. We had some M&M's and watched, "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer". They were already cuddled up on the couches...we brought Jon's mattress out, and made a cozy nest on the floor for Charlotte Claire, who had a 104.5 temperature earlier in the evening. Camille and Sonja slept on one of the couches. Suri thought it was a great celebration. She slept with Camille most of the night. Camille said she sat up and petted her. Camille woke up with a fever. She has the "flute", she says. Ha, she has already missed several days of school, and is just now coming down with it. But I will be glad to keep her home with me for a few more days. Because, like the rest of the world, my little ones have become a bit more precious since that horrible tradgedy in Connecticut. I look at her cute little face, her still-chubby toddler-ish tummy, and the way she tries to be so grown-up...the way she pronounces her words so correctly...and I can't imagine...how someone could do something so awful. How parents can possibly bear the news. Kindergartners. Impossible to fathom.

So last night I decided she could sleep in the living room. She jumped up and down on the couch and said, "You made my dream come true!!"

Ah, the little things in life.

Today is a Dome day for me. Again.

And...since I have a sick Camille snuggled up on the arm of my chair, a sick Char who is better enough to be whiny...and since it is Saturday, lots of other kids are milling around talking to me...so. I cannot concentrate, which is fine...I will sign off for now and go be a mommy...

2 comments:

Tereza said...

Love how simple her dream is and that you could make it come true. Yes I appreciate my kids too... Suddenly all the messes the whining and sibling rivalry pale in comparison to not having them anymore

baristamom said...

We had high fevers here too but it was in the summer. They lasted 5 days and it was only Colin & Rona who got it. No other symptoms...then 3 months later they both started losing a lot of hair, noticeably. No bald patches but just a lot of daily hair loss. The Dr said it was from the fevers, put the body under stress. Just now in starting to notice they are hanging onto their hair