summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 16, 2012

sunday at home...

Jonathan with Suri...

Charlotte Claire is smart, she knows that, "Cats are stoopid."

Two sick little princesses cuddled on the couch...

Camille made this picture in kindergarten art class. It is a monster with wings, and a bellybutton. She is the little girl holding it's leash.

Suri with Camille...

Char says the only good part of being sick is er friend Suri snuggling with her all the time.

They have been really sick today, the little girls. Temperatures 104.2 and 103.5. I stayed home, except for the cold windy 1.2 mile walk I sneaked in, and cuddled with them. Abigail took Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan ice skating...then brought Jon to a friend's house to watch lots of episodes of, "Psych". Mirielle brought Margaret, Kathryn, and Evelyn to the twins' first birthday party. So it has been a strange day...rather quiet. There were only Paul and I and seven kids here for dinner. I made meatballs, some pasta, green beans, a garlic and cheese pizza, and a sugar/cinnamon pizza.

I don't like that they are sick. But I must admit, I do like taking care of them. Making them tea with milk and sugar in their sippy cups. Sitting with them. We went online today and spent all their Christmas money at the Disney store...Camille has asked me fifty times already, "When is the stuff going to come in the mail, Mama?" Char is feeling a bit better, she was up and playing, "SIMS" for a bit.

And now I sign off...there are seven girls in here right now, and I want to talk to them...








1 comment:

Chet and Ashley said...

I hope all of your children feel better soon! Do you feel like it is "easier" taking care of sick kids since you have been a mother for 20+ years? As in, did you worry more when your first baby was sick, compared to now? My two girls are (almost) 3 and 14 months, and I worry so much when they are ill...I'm hoping that as I mother longer I will be a little more stable, ha!

Blessings,
Ashley