summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 12, 2013

and off we go....baseball in the rain...

I don't know if our game will be rained out, but we are headed to the season opener this morning. The skies are opened up and the rain is falling in buckets...and it is very chilly out there. Just a nice day to stay inside and snuggle with my little Camille...my sweetie who woke me up last night and told me her ear hurt. Shh, but I told her to hustle back to bed, she would be fine...I was in a very nice sleep...then I felt that niggling of guilt. Mean mommy. She came back in. I scooped her right into bed with me. She was so cuddly. But she couldn't settle, her ear hurt. So out of the warm bed and into the medicine, ear drops and ibuprofen. Tucked her into her own bed, and...I was wide awake. blah. Couldn't sleep for anything. Until it was almost morning...then I was in a nice deep sleep again. Oh, I wanted to stay in that bed!

But I didn't. I have a few older kids who will be here with Camille, so I still get to go to the rainy ballgame.

What I really want is a nap, but it is not gonna happen.

The pool was refreshing last night. Suzanne and Sonja and Jonathan and Charlotte Claire and Camille and I met Abigail there. I can't say it was tremendous exercise, as I played with the princesses in the shallow end, but it was better than not going at all, and it was fun.

Home for dinner...chicken thighs, salad. I behaved and had no chocolate last night. Small victories count:)

Well...time to get some work done....

No comments: