summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

hello!

Today is a good day. It is dark and rainy, and the wind is howling around the house. I chose to stay home today, except for my morning excursion to the pool. Which was lovely. I was invited by the lifeguard to help with the pre-k swim classes anytime I wanted to. They are pretty cute, so I might just take her up on that.

Home. Laundry. Dishes. Sweeping, cleaning, sorting. poor me, NOT. I love it here at home. Mirielle and Aaron have not left for classes yet, so I have had some company.

I am trying to plan our trip to Florida. The hotels are booked, now I am researching the Magic Kingdom. Paul and I went there for a day long ago when Joseph was a baby, just the three of us...we left Emily and Abigail and Benjamin and Mirielle (that was when Mirielle got sick and her throat swelled almost closed with croup, had to go to the hospital by ambulance because she was turning blue) home with Gramma...now I wonder why we didn't just bring them too. Paul was there for a work training thing, and was allowed to bring me along. We were so broke back then, I guess we couldn't even consider bringing the other kids. Anyway. It was long ago.

I want to plan what we really want to do, so we fit in the really important stuff. It makes my head spin. And man, people are so serious about Disney! Disney Trip Planning Addictions, seriously. One blog I found, this mom had been there dozens of times. Hmm.

We are doing things cheaply, of course. Bringing our own food, filling our water bottles at drinking fountains. I know the seven dollar corn dogs will start to smell good, but we will be fine with our sammies and snacks.

Yesterday was a good day. I ate very well. Exercised, went for a long walk/jog. Baked kale with olive oil for a snack last night. I need to live every day like yesterday!

The Boston Marathon. What can one say? Not only is it really sad and tragic for the families and the victims, but I feel like some more of our innocence has been taken from us. There have been jokes that trash cans will now be illegal and that bombs will have to be registered, but it really isn't funny. I know it will be used as an excuse to make more laws and rules, for our own good, of course. rrr. But hey, you can't legislate against hate. They will always find a way. Meanwhile, security tightens at every corner. We volunteer at college basketball, football, lacrosse games...sometimes the security guards search my purse. I make sure to put a giant baggie of Lady Things on top. Poor guys. Anyway. Just as the Laws Of Moses didn't stop sin, more laws in this country aren't going to stop hate.

What really makes me sad is that Ben texted me and told me what was going on and to turn on the t.v. I did. Jonathan was here, and he saw some horrific things. He was pretty worried. That broke Ben's heart, to have Jonny scared. I turned off the t.v. and sent kids out to play, told them not to worry, God is bigger than the boogie man. (VeggieTales, anyone?) It was good to have Benjamin reassuring me that God has not given us a spirit of fear.

I am hoping it won't be used as an excuse for more war. Seriously, do we need more of that?

Oh, how I do rant. I have bedding to dry and more to put in, I don't get paid to sit here. Wait, I don't get paid at all.

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I am trying to plan our next Disney trip. I have never planned before we literally just decided to go and we went. Just like that. This time we are planning a trip and I feel like I am sooo overwhelmed.