summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

stay-at-home-mom? ha, not today!

It is still snowing here in central New York state, nice fluffy lake effect snow from Ontario. I drove to the small town south of here yesterday...and they have no snow. Just a few miles down the road.

So a snowy spring break we are having. Emily, the nice big sister in our family, hosted a sleepover at her new house for Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. They pulled their huge suitcases full of bedding and stuffed animals up her driveway with glee. We got there while she was still at the youth meeting, so I cleaned up her kitchen and mopped some floors while the kids looked at the new kittens and watched, "Ponyo". I noticed that it is more fun to clean someone else's house.

Anyway. We are not staying home today. We are off to the suburbs....Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja K., and their cousin Olivia.

First stop, library. I have to return, "The Casual Vacancy", by J.K. Rowling. I am not sure how I feel about the book. It was riveting, and so many of her observations about how people really are rang so true...but there were so many characters to keep track of. By the time I finished the last page, I realized I had come to know those people in the book, and I didn't want it to be finished. J.K. has a real talent for tying things together too.

And now my girls are ready to go....

No comments: