summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 13, 2013

and the stay-at-home mom doesn't stay at home. again.

Well, I am thankful that I have the time and flexibility to do some of the things I end up doing. Today, for example, I am going with Aaron to buy a car. Not for me, for him. He has a Real Job now...

We are letting Jonathan go, even though he should be working on his school work. I have his instructions written out for the day, he has to do the work, so he will work on it in the car, and later when we get home. Jonathan is a Car Expert. He will remember any details or prices he hears about today, and he will help Aaron decide. It is just right up his alley, and to not let him go would be cruel and unusual punishment.

I did not have time to sweep the floors this morning, but I did clean the counters and wash the dishes. It will be here later. Oh, and I did not mean in my yesterday post that I don't care about my house. I do. I just care about the kids MORE. Going with Aaron today is much more important than having the house all in order. And I do spend a considerable amount of time cleaning and sorting and straightening and picking up. Just never quite ENOUGH time. But someday, perhaps, my house will be the quiet kind of house, the kind where the sound of the clock ticking is the only sound.

My knee has been hurting this week. It is mentally distressing. I worry about losing mobility, about not being able to do what I do now. I can't even straighten my leg all the way anymore, the arthritis is so bad. My other knee is not much better, it clicks and locks into place when I bend it, then I have trouble straightening it when I stand up. I have cut back on the walks, the doctor had said that hills and stairs should be avoided at all costs. I guess it is back to the rec center pool for me, next week. Although I will try to fit in a regular work out this afternoon, one that doesn't strain my knees.

Anyway, off we go....

No comments: