summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 8, 2013

don't follow me!

I'm lost! We started out on an adventure, on this cloudy, fall-like day....we were going to the apple place! The place where we pick those apples out of those big wooden crates, and put them in paper bags. Big bags of apples for six dollars a bag.

Well, we went to the wrong town. "We" as in, "ME", as I was the driver. Sonja K. tried to tell me I was going the wrong way, but did I listen?

Sonja, Me, Suze, then Camille, Char, Jon in the front...Evelyn took this one.

Evelyn in this one....

It was a lovely place, the place we discovered by accident. We had taken the wrong road. Turn around and go back? Ha! I am a firm believer in Keep Going, Eventually The Right Road Will Show Up. So we drove and drove and drove, until we saw a sign that said, "Dead End". We pretended to be scared, I declared that at least we weren't running out of gas, to which Evelyn retorted, "Do not jinx us!". The road got smaller, more narrow. Hmm, where in the heck were we? Yah, we had smartphones, but we didn't check Mapquest, this was more fun. Char was getting nervous, she said, "If the road ends on a cliff, please don't drive off the end of it!". I told her the road would NOT end in a cliff. Well. It did. A cliff overlooking the beautiful Lake Ontario. We were pretty far away from the apples, but it was very nice there.

We did turn around, we found our way back, and we got apples. We also got peaches. The place we go has a 24/7 barn sale. Antiques, odds and ends. Camille had a dollar in her hand, and asked me like one hundred times if she could buy something if she found something for a dollar. I told her that it wasn't likely, but okay. I do think the lady behind the counter heard her, because when Camille found a plastic bag with a Barbie in it, plus a few brand new outfits and lots of Barbie shoes, and I asked the lady how much it was, she said it was a dollar. Seriously? Oh happy day. Char took it really well that Camille got something and she didn't. I tell them that life isn't fair, sometimes one of them gets something and the other doesn't, to share, and to be happy for each other. If it were the other way around, Camille would have been a different story. Anyway.

Evelyn and Suzanne found some cool candle holders and some other old stuff, and then we headed home, eating fresh peaches.

Home....yes, we baked pies. Three apple, one pumpkin. I told the girls it must be, "Pee-pee" day. Pies, pizza, pumpkin, aPPles...Margaret and Jonathan made three pizzas while Evelyn and I cut up all the apples and Mirielle rolled out the pie crust. Joseph requested the apple pies to begin with, so we guilted him into helping peel some apples.

Emily and Aaron drove to work together today, so they came in and had some dinner and pie after work.

The house is a mess, thanks to the little girls who have been playing house all over the living room. The 12-pack of paper towels made a nice wall for their house, but now it has opened up and there are paper towel rolls all over the floor at my feet. They also used the huge package of toilet paper, but that is still sealed. They used a toy bin and a laundry basket, which they turned upside down and put couch pillows on, plus they got out toy dishes and blankets and books. Books aren't just for reading, they make great walls for houses.

Someone covered up with a quilt, now it is in a heap in a chair. A few sweatshirts, a stack op papers, a princess cup, a magazine...oh, how cozy it is in here.

I have done enough today, it will be here when I wake up.

4 comments:

Tereza said...

You lostness sounds like so much fun!! We got lost in the forest once for 4 1/12 hours. The sun started to set by the time we found our way out...so the scariness factor was extra fun!

mommeeof10 said...

I have a gps, so I truly never get lost, per say. However, I also have a fairly good sense of direction. We have lived out here for 20 years and I can find most places I want to go. Hubby, on the other hand, goes to a limited amount of places and needs directions if I send him anywhere new. I can't just say go north to the big cemetery, turn left and turn left at the olive garden. He needs to know to take US522 North approximately X miles, then turn left on to Pleasant Valley rd. Drive x more miles, then turn left on ___. It makes me crazy.

He also is the carpenter around here, I can not cut wood straight without a miter box. But I do the plumbing, and electrical, as well as the drywall. He takes too long to plan and assemble everything. I can decide to replace a worn out plug, as nothing stays plugged in. I will go grab a new outlet from the stash in the workshop, my lineman's plyer and a flat blade screw driver, kill the breaker and have the new one installed before he gets the box of electrical stuff and my toolbox with all the electrical tools. :)

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I love seeing you in photos! You look amazing. I do not always have time to read, but when I check in I love reading your updates. When is the new Grandbaby coming? I set you a email a while back, I hope all is well!

16 blessings'mom said...

Cindy, I have started an email to you, but got interrupted, big surprise. We are doing well, and I will get that email finished soon! How are you doing?