summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 2, 2013

stormy day....

Evelyn didn't just want to throw away her old rainboots. So she got creative.

Today has been a luxuriously lazy day. Stayed in bed too long, didn't take my walk, had a healthy breakfast of one egg, one sausage link, and an ice cold peach. And coffee. Lots of it. Kathryn and Suzanne and Jonathan and Charlotte Claire and Camille joined me in the pool. I swam and paddled and exercised in there for over an hour, until the thunder got close and the underside of the leaves on the trees were blowing. Camille and I sat in the sun on the deck, drying off as the thunder moved in and the clouds took over. We ran into the house just as the huge drops started to fall. The house got dark as we took care of some more tomatoes from the garden. We cored them, dipped them into boiling water, then into cold water, peeled the skins off, quartered them, froze them. Not my idea of fun, but we have more tomatoes in the freezer to make sauce and chili and salsa with, in the cold winter months.

I also started a pot of chicken soup for dinner, as the kids have soccer practice this evening....

And here I am again, in my favorite chair, longing for a second cup of coffee....and some chocolate. No matter how motivated I get, how hard I work on eating healthy stuff, I still love that chocolate. Paul brought some back from Germany, it doesn't get much better than that. But it is long gone.

Summer was once again too short, and I am going to miss it dearly. I don't much care how the weather goes, I just don't like the school stealing all of my kids every year. Well, this year I get two of them at least:)

2 comments:

Tereza said...

I had one homeschooling last year. This year all will be back in school. Ours starts tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Evelyn you are a clever girl, love the boots planters!