summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 16, 2013

monday morning....

Emily Anne, my oldest child. Wait, no longer a child, is she? I can't be old enough to have a 28 year old, yet I do. Anyhoo, she was interviewed at the Labor Day Youth conference at church....read the article on www.brunstad.org

So Mirielle has a job now, Joseph is working construction, Aaron has a new job....it is getting a teeny tiny bit lonely around here:)

My knee feels SO much better this morning, I took one naproxen last night. Yesterday's pain was the most I have had with this knee, and it sort of depressed me a little bit. But the nature of this type of arthritis is that it peaks and wanes, depending on activity level, the weather, whatever. I had to realize that just because it was killing me yesterday didn't mean it had progressed to that level and was going to stay there. When I woke up this morning and it felt so much better, I wanted to jump up and down, but it isn't THAT much better, so I refrained.



Camille and Charlotte Claire, waiting for the bus this morning.

This morning I had pumpkin spice coffee. I loves it. What I really would rather have: pumpkin muffins. But alas, I cannot. I took a trip to the small city up north this morning with Mirielle, stopped in the grocery store, and lo and behold, there were 6-packs of pumpkin spice donuts for one dollar. Yeah, I got a few packages. No, I did not have one. I am going to let the kids have one with a cup of milk for after school snack, I shall not have one. blah, I hate loving stuff.

I did get some healthy stuff, of course. We shall be having turkey/beef meatballs for dinner, with sauce from our garden, mine with green beans instead of pasta. We will also have a salad with green peppers from out garden, and cucumbers from the store.

Eat healthy, exercise. It is my life. I have to do it. I can't not do it. I need to stay in love with it. Or fall back in love with it. I have to baby this knee for a bit, but still, I have to fit that exercise in. And stay away from the breads and cookies and snacks and donuts.

And, speaking of things I can't eat anymore, I have to make lots of cupcakes. The youth kids are having an Israel feast at church, to talk about fundraising for their projected trip there. I am making the cupcakes. They have to be done tomorrow night, so I had better get busy....or at least start thinking about them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camille's pose & expression is just hilarious!!
Good girl you are, it sure isn't easy resisting and you are so nice to buy those donuts just for your kids!

Wish we had pumpkin spice coffee here, sounds just delicious.

Tereza said...

My kids leave on that trip soon! I'm so excited for them!! Hubby and I went with other couples last year and it was amazing!!
I love your attitude!!And thanks for the email too!
Wow your oldest is 28!! Thats so weird cause you seem so young to me...

Jen said...

Have you tried eating your sauce with spaghetti squash as the pasta? Sounds yummy to me!

Jen said...

Have you tried eating your sauce with spaghetti squash as the pasta? Sounds yummy to me!

mommeeof10 said...

Wish I could bake cupcakes, but my oven is still broken. Yes, I can cook 6 at a time in the toaster oven. It took me almost 2 hours saturday to bake a double batch of applesauce spice cake cupcakes.
I need to order the new part when I get paid friday.