summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

and a happy tuesday to all....

My Army son Benjamin and his little daughter Anya. Is this adorable or what? Thank you Ashley, sorry I stole it from your facebook page:)

It's hot today. After that long long winter, it's lovely, but...okay, it's just a smidgen too hot. There, I did it. I complained about the heat.

My ear hurts today, and my teeth and face ache again, sinus trouble. I just feel like diving into bed and staying there. I read an entire book today, between schooling Jon and doing laundry and cleaning up. (The other day I heard one of my friends, when asked to do something, say to, "ask Della, she does NOTHING.") I thought of this today while I read my book:) But. This is one day of down time after a VERY busy weekend, which followed a VERY busy week, in which I did shopping for the church soccer tournament grill....four times. In the evenings, I worked a baseball game, brought the kids to soccer practice, did food prep on Friday night...phew. Honestly, I was a little offended when I heard her say that Della Does Nothing. I wanted to jump up and straighten her out. She knows I homeschool, but she must have forgotten. She perhaps doesn't know how much other stuff I do. But seriously, it doesn't matter. I KNOW what matters is how I take it. Being offended...really? Is that worth it? It is written, "when giving, don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing, that your giving may be in secret..."(Matt. 6:3) When I go blaring about what I do, and start demanding on others to do more too, I lose all my heavenly treasures. Seeking honor is worse than not doing anything in the first place. I am writing this to encourage myself:)

Anyway. I am having a Down Day, and that's all right. As long as I don't include ice cream in it, I'll be fine.

Yesterday morning I found myself here with 8 kids, so I made them breakfast. Sausage and waffles, which looked so yummy. But I behaved and made myself some scrambled eggs and Ezekial toast (made with sprouted grains). I brought home pizza the other night, and had one slice. I don't really like eating any, but was glad that I resisted after the one slice. I know everyone isn't afflicted with the I Want More thing, but it is the thorn in my side.

I got a letter from Samuel today. He is out in a six day "ruck". He said last week they learned how to clear houses, looking for enemies, using chalk bullets. He got hit several times and has bruises. This whole Army thing is not so easy for me, although I am proud of Sam, and glad he is doing all right. He says he wants those frozen cakes when he comes home, chocolate and coconut (Pepperidge Farms), and Tollhouse cookies. I guess the whole platoon keeps talking about what they are going to have when they go home on leave, poor guys.

And....the first school bus is here, off I go to sort out drama and hear about some girls' day.

5 comments:

Martha said...

I once had someone at church ask if I was willing to teach children's church and I told her I didn't think I could take on anything else. Her response was, "Why? What are you doing?" I know she meant at church, but James had just gone into business on his own, we were expecting our sixth baby, and had just decided to home school. Sometimes people honestly just don't know or aren't paying attention.

Your granddaughter is adorable.
:0)

16 blessings'mom said...

You're right, sometimes people truly don't know. It has bothered me all day that I vented about this friend, because when she said what she said, I thought she was being really condescending, and I didn't like it. But it is through all the comments and situations and little trials that the opportunities for those heavenly treasures lie. Her motives really don't matter, it's how I choose to take it. I can't help how I reacted initially, but now I can help how I continue to think about it.:) I keep thinking of the verses, "Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord; looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled..." (Heb. 12: 14-15. And Martha, thank you, we think Anya is quite cute too!

Martha said...

I can't help but think of an old Veggie Tale song whenever I see your post title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqExWfrvWqc&feature=kp

cheryl said...

Haha.. And what about Cheryl??? I am reminding myself that we can't change anyone, but we can change ourselves!!! Thankful for that!!!

Anonymous said...

I think she needs to step into your shoes for a day or two to see how much "nothing" you do. Honestly, I get tired just reading some of your posts!