summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

plethora of excuses....

I have been just blog cruising. I like to read the weight loss blogs for encouragement and motivation. I love living in these times, being able to communicate and connect with like-minded people. It's really neat. I am facebook friends with another Army mom I met in Fort Benning, and I think that's really cool.

Anyway. Today I am going shopping with my oldest daughter Emily, and my sister-in-law Kim, for our church grill. I have to work with Jonathan a bit first on his school work, and do some laundry. I didn't go on my walk this morning because my poor knees don't like to walk AND shop. wah.

Last evening, Paul went downstairs to put salt in the water softener system. Jonathan followed him, because...that's what Jon does. He likes to follow you around and talk, and help, and just see what's going on. Well, I heard all this commotion, Paul was saying things like, "Oh my goodness. Oh no. Oh dear. Oh Jon." Now, Paul doesn't usually flip out. He is calm cool collected. He wasn't yelling at all, but he was all serious-like, and he didn't sound too happy. So, I put my computer down, get up from my chair, and start to really panic, thinking of things like blood and severed limbs, by the tone of Paul's voice, that panicky sound, and I also hear Jon crying. Well. Jon stepped on a pipe, the main pipe that goes from the main house plumbing to the water softener system, and water was going all over the downstairs. And Jon was standing there sobbing because he stepped on it accidentally. By the time I figured out what was going on, Paul was telling Jon it was okay, it was a mistake, no big deal, but the floor was all wet and Jon was so upset. I actually just plopped down on the stairs and put my head in my hands, I was so relieved it was just a plumbing problem. My heart was pounding, I really thought something really bad had happened. phew. Of course, I am not the one who had to take a 10 pm trip to the hardware store to get a new piece of pipe...:)

Paul fixed up that pipe, but first he hugged Jon and told him it was all right.

Anyway.

I think we are going to take Kathryn 16, Evelyn 14, Suzanne 13, and Sonja K. 12, to Georgia with us. I think Sam would love it, I think they would really enjoy the graduation, and hey, they are growing up so fast and in a few years, who would want to go on a trip with Mommy and Daddy? They want to go to the National Infantry Museum, and the civil war museum prisoner of war camp. It will be all cozy like in one hotel room, but I think the memories of this trip will be well worth it.

And...it's time to get moving.:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul is such a nice kind dad! Well done for not lecturing Jon, I know a fair few who would have done that.